Windows 10: New G drive appeared from nowhere

Discus and support New G drive appeared from nowhere in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rjcataniajr, Jan 11, 2019.

1. New G drive appeared from nowhere

A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Russ

:)

rjcataniajr, Jan 11, 2019

2. Win 10 I have drives c, f, g when installed new printed drive f disappeared and only shows g how can i make compute showdrive f

Hello,

To address your concern about missing drive, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc on the search box and hit Enter.
    • Look for your missing drive on the Disk Management window.
    • Right-click on it and give it a new drive letter.

Let us know if the drive will show up.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Drive G

Microsoft is aware that previously-hidden partitions are improperly being assigned drive letters after installing the April 2018 Update. As a result, they now appear in Disk Management and File Explorer. These partitions are typically recovery partitions
    used by the Windows Recovery Environment or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is not recommended that you attempt to delete or reformat these partitions as this may have adverse effects on your ability to recover Windows. Microsoft is currently working
    to address the issue in a future Windows Update, and we’ll update this thread when a solution becomes available.

(Update 5/14/18: The solution that will soon be released via Windows Update will only prevent this issue from occurring for devices that install the April 2018 Update after the solution is released. If you've already installed the April 2018 Update and are
    experiencing this issue, you'll need to follow the steps below if you want to hide these partitions.)

Although you can safely ignore these partitions, if you prefer do away with the low disk space warnings and hide the partitions so they no longer appear in File Explorer, you can do so by manually removing the partition’s assigned drive letter. To do this:

1. In Cortana, type cmd and press Enter. Then right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.

2. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “G”, note the volume number for Drive G.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive G is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=G

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 11, 2019
  4. New G drive appeared from nowhere

Drive G

This is one of the known issues with the update as Recovery partition should be hidden and is accidentally assigned a drive letter.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter. (In hundreds of MBs)

remove letter="G"

Replace G with the Recovery drive letter.

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

New G drive appeared from nowhere

1. New G drive appeared from nowhere - Similar Threads - drive appeared nowhere

2. Desktop Appear G:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Appear G:\: I don't know What is that. How can I fix it ? İt is a virus or not? I can not open or delete and I didnt see desktop but file explorer say it is in dekstop. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appear-g/b673f5be-bb6d-40d7-8448-b9a8daeaf88e
  3. Desktop Appear G:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Appear G:\: I don't know What is that. How can I fix it ? İt is a virus or not? I can not open or delete and I didnt see desktop but file explorer say it is in dekstop. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appear-g/b673f5be-bb6d-40d7-8448-b9a8daeaf88e
  4. Desktop Appear G:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. G: just suddenly appeared!

in Windows 10 Customization
    G: just suddenly appeared!: The disk G: just suddenly appeared! We need help with this disk! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-just-suddenly-appeared/daccb17e-5028-4b24-903d-f943ee0c933a
  6. Cant install a game on a new G Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install a game on a new G Drive: Hi,I have a problem.I wanted to install a game from the Store.I wanted that the game was gonna download on the G Drive,but when i selected it it doesnt worked.Then i installed on my C Drive where was no space anymore.Later i bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanted to download but...
  7. New folder from nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New folder from nowhere.: So i was running GTA V and rockstar games launcher updated and when i closed the game a new folder appeared from nowhere in my desktop and when i tried to open it there was nothing and it gave me a location not available error saying that the folder couldn't be open and that...
  8. After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears: After a Windows 10 update last night, a new drive appeared in File explorer called SYSTEM G: . Other drive letters were changed. Because I have an on line backup I need to keep my drive letters . I had a drive called G, that is now changed to H. When I go into Disk...
  9. Keyboard language appearing from nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language appearing from nowhere: Dear all, With the last update of Windows 10, a third language appears in my keyboards without my permission. The major problem though, is that I can not even remove it, as it is not shown neither in English or Greek Language. [ATTACH]...
  10. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...