Windows 10: New G drive appeared from nowhere

Discus and support New G drive appeared from nowhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rjcataniajr, Jan 11, 2019.

1. New G drive appeared from nowhere

A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Russ

:)

rjcataniajr, Jan 11, 2019

2. Win 10 I have drives c, f, g when installed new printed drive f disappeared and only shows g how can i make compute showdrive f

Hello,

To address your concern about missing drive, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc on the search box and hit Enter.
    • Look for your missing drive on the Disk Management window.
    • Right-click on it and give it a new drive letter.

Let us know if the drive will show up.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Drive G

Microsoft is aware that previously-hidden partitions are improperly being assigned drive letters after installing the April 2018 Update. As a result, they now appear in Disk Management and File Explorer. These partitions are typically recovery partitions
    used by the Windows Recovery Environment or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is not recommended that you attempt to delete or reformat these partitions as this may have adverse effects on your ability to recover Windows. Microsoft is currently working
    to address the issue in a future Windows Update, and we’ll update this thread when a solution becomes available.

(Update 5/14/18: The solution that will soon be released via Windows Update will only prevent this issue from occurring for devices that install the April 2018 Update after the solution is released. If you've already installed the April 2018 Update and are
    experiencing this issue, you'll need to follow the steps below if you want to hide these partitions.)

Although you can safely ignore these partitions, if you prefer do away with the low disk space warnings and hide the partitions so they no longer appear in File Explorer, you can do so by manually removing the partition’s assigned drive letter. To do this:

1. In Cortana, type cmd and press Enter. Then right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.

2. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “G”, note the volume number for Drive G.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive G is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=G

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 11, 2019
  4. New G drive appeared from nowhere

Drive G

This is one of the known issues with the update as Recovery partition should be hidden and is accidentally assigned a drive letter.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter. (In hundreds of MBs)

remove letter="G"

Replace G with the Recovery drive letter.

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

New G drive appeared from nowhere

1. New G drive appeared from nowhere - Similar Threads - drive appeared nowhere

2. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...
  3. CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message: ..when try to eject the drive it showing an error message[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-e-appears-out-of-nowherewhen-try-to-eject/57187464-bb33-48ce-96b0-81934ab335c7"
  4. G:\...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    G:\...: I have been using the Cruzer Gliide for File History. Today it stopped working & I cannot turn file History back on & my flash drive is showing the subject above. I don't know how to fix this....
  5. Did I make a thread(or file?) just appear from nowhere??

in Windows 10 Support
    Did I make a thread(or file?) just appear from nowhere??: Hey windows people, ive been experimenting on flash drives, Create a folder in a flash drive, Name it this scripturestartup@#nominaltheory@#$&^helloworldforcaster@tomorrowland@#4292429242924292429242, this works with any san disk or EMTEC flashdrive , now once you made that...
  6. After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared

After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared: Hi all, I have an issue. I downloaded the new update to windows 10 1803 and I used to have only two Hard Disk Drivers. C: and D: Now after the update I have E: which is an OEM Partition. Problem is every few minutes, I get a notification saying its running out of space....
  7. Where is my G Drive?

Where is my G Drive?: I don't suppose it is very important but I am wondering where my G Drive is. I have a C Drive, D Drive (Backup), E Drive (DVD),F Drive (Second Drive), H, I, J, K, and L Drives ( Card reader) but no G Drive. Where is it please? 71069
  8. Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix.

Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix.: (windows10) I've seen a lot of forum post about this in the past. They all get solved but I am yet to find a solution. I have no idea what it is or where it comes from. I think it might be a hidden windows backup that was uncovered when I ran an emulator. I haven't given any...
  9. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292
  10. making directories from another drive appear in root of first drive

in Windows 10 Support
    making directories from another drive appear in root of first drive: My "media" collection of photos and music occupies a total of 1.1 TB. On my desktop system, no problem, with a 4 TB HDD. On my laptop, where I like to duplicate this collection for my business trips, I can devote only 200 GB on the laptop's internal SSD. I have to keep the...