Windows 10: New Games for PC.

Discus and support New Games for PC. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, recently I have downloaded and installed Rise of Nations and Age of Empires from the Microsoft Store and the X-Box app. I have difficulty loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yorky, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Yorky Win User

New Games for PC.

Hi, recently I have downloaded and installed Rise of Nations and Age of Empires from the Microsoft Store and the X-Box app.
    I have difficulty loading either game and frequently get the notice 'You need to be on-line to play this game' when in fact I am already on-line.
    Secondly, why do I even need to be on-line to play these games which I use exclusively as 'One Player'.
    I would appreciate any answer on these subjects.
    Thank you.

:)

Yorky, Feb 28, 2018
  2. spirate Win User

new xbox games or any games for windows mobile?

Where are all the new xbox games or any games for for windows mobile 10. I have the Lumia 950, i don't know if that matters. When I had windows 7 and 8 mobile we got new games every week but there seems to be nothing now. Just wanted to ask because I haven't
    seen anything new in apps or games. Just a question because I love the phone but the app and game store is non existent.

spirate, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    new xbox games or any games for windows mobile?

Hi,

For app related concerns, we would be suggesting to contact app developers as apps are only hosted by Microsoft for Lumia phones.

Let us know if you have more inquiries.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Faith Win User

New Games for PC.

Welcome to the future of "gaming as a service". More games today requires you to be online, or at least to have the product be active which you do by being connected to the internet when launching the game every week. Doesn't matter if the game is singleplayer or multiplayer only. The reasons are plentyfull, but the gist of it is to combat hackers, cheaters and pirates, and also to collect telemetry data on your gaming session to shape the current and future of games, or something like that. that's what game publishers are saying anyways. That's why GoG is awesome, no DRM-bullfeeces on all titles offered there.

As to why you don't get the games to work is unknown to me. Maybe check the NAT settings and where you get your connection to. Something may be blocking access to them because of a strict rule-set on your local machine or modem. They should work. It might also be something on their end, unexpected server loss, maintenance etc. I wouldn't be shocked if these titles are that dependant on server access to even work properly.

Faith, Mar 2, 2018
  5. Yorky Win User
    Hi Faith, thank you for the prompt reply which goes some-way to explaining why one must be on-line to play. I do manage to get connected and play but it usually takes two attempts to do do and then mainly via the X-Box app. I'll have a look at the settings to see if anything needs changing.
    Thank you.

Yorky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Games for PC.

1. New Games for PC. - Similar Threads - Games

2. Windows 11 games crashing and occasional blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 games crashing and occasional blue screen: i recently did a full pc upgrade, none of the parts are faulty, i changed the motherboard processor ram and gpu, everything was compatible with each other on the pcpartpicker website. i installed new drivers, fresh installed windows 11, bios update because my new CPU is a 15...
  3. Windows 11 games crashing and occasional blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 games crashing and occasional blue screen: i recently did a full pc upgrade, none of the parts are faulty, i changed the motherboard processor ram and gpu, everything was compatible with each other on the pcpartpicker website. i installed new drivers, fresh installed windows 11, bios update because my new CPU is a 15...
  4. I am unable to hear or speak to teamates in some game voice chats.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to hear or speak to teamates in some game voice chats.: I have done almost anything that I can think of from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to completely reinstalling window and nothing seems to have worked. The voice chat does not work for overwatch, rainbow six siege, and league of legends. However it does work on some...
  5. I am unable to hear or speak to teamates in some game voice chats.

I am unable to hear or speak to teamates in some game voice chats.: I have done almost anything that I can think of from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to completely reinstalling window and nothing seems to have worked. The voice chat does not work for overwatch, rainbow six siege, and league of legends. However it does work on some...
  6. Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.: Windows has crashed 3 days in a row when playing certain games, I've run a couple of games like AOE 2 and Trepang 2 with no problems but some games like Helldivers 2 and Deathloop cause my desktop to freeze and BSOD. This is the error code I keep getting:The computer has...
  7. Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.

Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.: Windows has crashed 3 days in a row when playing certain games, I've run a couple of games like AOE 2 and Trepang 2 with no problems but some games like Helldivers 2 and Deathloop cause my desktop to freeze and BSOD. This is the error code I keep getting:The computer has...
  8. Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.: Hello, hope this request finds you well. I need help. About a year ago, I've begun getting this problem where if I'm playing video games, my Wi-Fi will cut within 3 minutes. And when I go check on the drivers, The Wi-Fi driver "qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network...
  9. Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.

Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.: Hello, hope this request finds you well. I need help. About a year ago, I've begun getting this problem where if I'm playing video games, my Wi-Fi will cut within 3 minutes. And when I go check on the drivers, The Wi-Fi driver "qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network...
  10. Wi-Fi driver dies when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing