Windows 10: New gaming PC crashes and reboots whenever I launch a 3D game

Discus and support New gaming PC crashes and reboots whenever I launch a 3D game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I recently purchased an HP Omen 30L gaming PC. It's got Ryzen 7, 16GB Ram, and Nvidia GEForce RTX 2060 Super. Played games perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Axis910, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Axis910 Win User

New gaming PC crashes and reboots whenever I launch a 3D game

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased an HP Omen 30L gaming PC. It's got Ryzen 7, 16GB Ram, and Nvidia GEForce RTX 2060 Super. Played games perfectly without any problem for a week, and then suddenly problems arise. The PC would crash and reboot whenever I launch a 3d-intense game. But would run well with other apps, even lite 3D games.

All drivers graphics card, windows are update to date. Even carried out factory reset. No help.

Thanks!

:)

Axis910, Jan 13, 2021

2. Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Draken Win User
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

Hello,

I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots

So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning.

As suggested in the linked thread I disabled fast startup, which sadly didnt fix the problem.

I also monitored my temperatures which are fine. A workaround that seems to be stable is lowering my graphics settings to very low.

I attached my V2 Logs after a Crash. Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Draken, Jan 13, 2021
  4. New gaming PC crashes and reboots whenever I launch a 3D game

Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

New gaming PC crashes and reboots whenever I launch a 3D game

1. New gaming PC crashes and reboots whenever I launch a 3D game - Similar Threads - gaming crashes reboots

2. Getting this error whenever launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error whenever launching a game: So i tried booting up valorant and its keep crashing during bootup and i checked the reliability history and i keep getting this error whenever i launch valorant. I tried doing the various fixes for bad module info error but it still didnt...
  3. PC Crashing and rebooting launching game - Event ID 56 ACPI2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing and rebooting launching game - Event ID 56 ACPI2: Hello o/My cousin has built a new pc and his pc keeps crashing upon the launch of a game called "Sons of the forest". I tried looking into the error log but still cant figure out how to fix it.I tried the following:Updating bios.Updating chipset drivers.Updating GPU and...
  4. PC Crashing and rebooting launching game - Event ID 56 ACPI2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing and rebooting launching game - Event ID 56 ACPI2: Hello o/My cousin has built a new pc and his pc keeps crashing upon the launch of a game called "Sons of the forest". I tried looking into the error log but still cant figure out how to fix it.I tried the following:Updating bios.Updating chipset drivers.Updating GPU and...
  5. PC crashes when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  6. PC crashes when launching a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  7. PC Crashes after launching a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes after launching a game: I built my first PC around three weeks ago and it ran well for the first week and a half, but since then I have experienced this issue where the PC will crash, show me a black screen, and then reboot. I have occasionally received Blue Screen of death with the following error...
  8. New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Gaming PC reboots when playing game: Hi I recently built my own gaming rig only to find out that it is not exactly working as I intended. When my friend gifted me the game Rust on Steam I was so excited to play when right before I load in my screen goes back and I'm at the sign before I can see my desktop. It...
  9. PC Crash/Reboot/Freeze on Video Game Launch

PC Crash/Reboot/Freeze on Video Game Launch: Hello, I built a PC 3 years ago, and haven't had many issues. All of a sudden now when I try to launch a video game my PC either freezes or reboots within the first 3 minutes of launching. Tried multiple games to make sure it wasn't a specific game issue. Specs: OS:...
  10. Pc crashing whenever i start a game

Pc crashing whenever i start a game: Hello I am having a issue with my windows 10 machine that it always crashes whenever I start a game when I checked my mini dump file for the problem it tells that the process "Ntoskrnl.exe" has caused the problem. I have tried many fixes but none of them worked even rebooting...