Windows 10: New gaming pc keeps crashing, cannot get past windows login screen.

Discus and support New gaming pc keeps crashing, cannot get past windows login screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently built a new gaming computer. This is my first build and I am a moron when it comes to building a pc. While trying to run a game, my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephMullane, Jan 27, 2021.

1. New gaming pc keeps crashing, cannot get past windows login screen.

I have recently built a new gaming computer. This is my first build and I am a moron when it comes to building a pc. While trying to run a game, my pc crashed. The game was escape from tarkov. Before installing that game, my computer ran okay. Upon rebooting, I updated all drivers, now it crashes at the windows login screen and I cannot get past the windows login screen.

I have booted in safe mode to roll back drivers, however, under my graphics card, the roll back drivers option is grayed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried resetting PC with the "keep my files" option and it crashed during the resetting process. I have tried resetting PC with the "Erase all Option" and it continues to crash during the resetting process.

I have booted in with a thumb-drive that has windows on it and clicked the option to fix my PC. Under the trouble shoot option, I clicked the system restore option, but the system restore process was taking about four hours and never restored. I shut the PC off.

I would really like to play Escape from Tarkov, please help. These are my computer specs:

Mobo: Asus Rog Strix z390 - i Gaming

Processor: Intel i7 - 9700k at 3.6ghz not overclocked

Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 3080

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

JosephMullane, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 27, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

New gaming pc keeps crashing, cannot get past windows login screen.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

New gaming pc keeps crashing, cannot get past windows login screen.

1. New gaming pc keeps crashing, cannot get past windows login screen. - Similar Threads - gaming keeps crashing

2. Games keep crashing on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing on new PC: Hi,I recently received a brand new custom built PC as a gift. I installed Windows 11, Nvidia drivers, and several video games but I've run into problems while trying to run some games. When playing a demanding game/AAA title, anywhere from 10-45 minutes into playing the game...
  3. Games keep crashing on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep crashing on new PC: Hi,I recently received a brand new custom built PC as a gift. I installed Windows 11, Nvidia drivers, and several video games but I've run into problems while trying to run some games. When playing a demanding game/AAA title, anywhere from 10-45 minutes into playing the game...
  4. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  5. Cannot get past the windows login screen

Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  6. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  9. Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot proceed past windows login screen.: submitted by /u/boredboi92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7iff4/cannot_proceed_past_windows_login_screen/
  10. Re: I cannot get past windows login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re: I cannot get past windows login screen: When the login screen appears it also says I forgot password. I have tried to retrieve my password but that doesn't work. Eventually I got a black screen with the windows symbol date time etc at the bottom but unable to click on any of them. At the side of the...