Windows 10: New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

Discus and support New Gaming PC reboots when playing game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I recently built my own gaming rig only to find out that it is not exactly working as I intended. When my friend gifted me the game Rust on Steam I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JackSauer2, Jan 7, 2021.

1. New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

Hi I recently built my own gaming rig only to find out that it is not exactly working as I intended. When my friend gifted me the game Rust on Steam I was so excited to play when right before I load in my screen goes back and I'm at the sign before I can see my desktop. It just randomly reboots. The thing that is most odd to me is that this is the only application that this happens on.

Here is a list of my specs:

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI Motherboard

Ryzen 5 5600x CPU w/ 6 Core and 12 Threads

Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 graphics card

Cooler Master 850w MWE V2 power supply

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 RAM at 3200MHz

Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500GB M.2 NVMe

Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 7200 RPM

I have windows 10 pro installed onto my SSD via USB using the windows media creation tool. I also have Rust which is the game that is having problems installed onto the SSD. I have tried so many things but nothing does the trick. I got a new power supply and nothing. I have done several stress tests on both CPU and GPU and the hottest for the GPU was 62 Celsius and for the CPU it was around 50 Celsius all of this is according to CPUID HWMonitor. I've ran steam as an admin, checked the integrity of the games files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game countless times and even did a clean reinstall of windows but still have the same problem. I can play both Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare Warzone on COMPLETELY maxed settings for reference.

Another thing to note is that that my RAM was advertised at 3200MHz but was only running at 2133MHz out of the box so in my BIOS I activated D.O.C.P and clocked it to its advertised speed.

The only thing that I have seen that might hint towards a cause is this message when I check my Event Logs after the system reboots when I try to play the game:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user DESKTOP-RFE6F7A\Jack Sauer SID S-1-5-21-1947015150-2282724463-2126867830-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I have looked this up but I'm not sure if it is relevant to my situation and I don't want to mess anything up any further.

With all of my parts listed please let me know which drivers to install as I may have missed some that could be causing this problem. Once again the game was gifted to me so I don't know if that matters and it is also literally the only thing that this problem occurs on.

If I missed anything or anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask and thanks to anyone who may want to help me out!

:)

JackSauer2, Jan 7, 2021

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jan 7, 2021
  4. pooch22 Win User

New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

List of them Games!

Hello everyone, I need some suggestions to you pros
    can you guys pls make some list of games that still fun to play after you beat the main story. (Only for PC Games)

example:
    Skyrim
    Dragon Age Inquisition
    Nier Automata
    GTA V
    Metal Gear 5 - phantom pain
    Dead Rising series

Note: No new game+ please im looking for the games that continue to play after beating

pooch22, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

1. New Gaming PC reboots when playing game - Similar Threads - Gaming reboots playing

2. Gaming PC new crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC new crashes when playing games: Good morning, I bought a desktop gaming PC a few weeks ago and unfortunately I have crashes PC that restarts by itself without a message when I play. Outside of games I haven't had any crashes so far. The error message in the windows logs is: "The computer restarted after an...
  3. Gaming PC new crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming PC new crashes when playing games: Good morning, I bought a desktop gaming PC a few weeks ago and unfortunately I have crashes PC that restarts by itself without a message when I play. Outside of games I haven't had any crashes so far. The error message in the windows logs is: "The computer restarted after an...
  4. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC froze then reboot when playing a game: So I had this issue before, and the solution I was given was to run DDU to remove my current Nvidia drivers, I did that it was working great for a little over a week now but Today I've been getting random reboots when playing a game. My specs are as follows:GPU: RTX 4090CPU:...
  5. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

PC froze then reboot when playing a game: So I had this issue before, and the solution I was given was to run DDU to remove my current Nvidia drivers, I did that it was working great for a little over a week now but Today I've been getting random reboots when playing a game. My specs are as follows:GPU: RTX 4090CPU:...
  6. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC reboots while playing games

PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  8. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  9. PC reboots while playing games

10. Help? PC reboots when playing games sometimes?

Help? PC reboots when playing games sometimes?: [ATTACH] and this is the error i keep getting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-pc-reboots-when-playing-games-sometimes/32039459-405c-495e-a1d9-7a1c39ce50d7