Windows 10: New Google Kids Space for a kids mode on Android Tablets

Discus and support New Google Kids Space for a kids mode on Android Tablets in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Parents have told us that they’re constantly wrestling with the role of technology in their children’s lives, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

New Google Kids Space for a kids mode on Android Tablets

Source: Explore Kids Space: A way to nurture your kid's curiosity

:)

Brink, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Kids Corner

• Turn off Kid's Corner in Settings>kid's corner
    • No, you can only set up one space.

Entegy, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Sleep Mode for Facebook Messenger Kids app

How to Use Sleep Mode

1) Go to the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. Tap on the child’s name, and then on “Sleep Mode” in the App Controls section.

2) Set the times you want the app to turn off for your child. You can set different times for weekdays versus weekends. Once you set the limits, the child will not be able to use the app during those hours.

3) Have a conversation with your child. When you’re setting boundaries around the use of technology, it may be helpful to have a conversation with your child to make sure you have a mutual understanding of the ground rules. This could be a good time to let them know that you’re setting limits for them on Messenger Kids. For more guidance and resources, visit our Parents Portal at facebook.com/safety/parents.

4) Let sleep mode do its job. When the app is in sleep mode, kids cannot send or receive messages or video calls, play with the creative camera, or receive notifications. If they try to open the app, they’ll see a message telling them that it’s in sleep mode and to come back later.

Parents can access all of their controls from the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. In addition to sleep mode, parents can add and remove contacts, delete the child’s account, or create a new account right from the control panel.

For more information about Messenger Kids, visit MessengerKids.com or follow the Facebook page for updates.

Downloads:

Source: Sleep Mode: Giving Parents More Control on Messenger Kids | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Sleep Mode for Facebook Messenger Kids app

How to Use Sleep Mode

1) Go to the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. Tap on the child’s name, and then on “Sleep Mode” in the App Controls section.

2) Set the times you want the app to turn off for your child. You can set different times for weekdays versus weekends. Once you set the limits, the child will not be able to use the app during those hours.

3) Have a conversation with your child. When you’re setting boundaries around the use of technology, it may be helpful to have a conversation with your child to make sure you have a mutual understanding of the ground rules. This could be a good time to let them know that you’re setting limits for them on Messenger Kids. For more guidance and resources, visit our Parents Portal at facebook.com/safety/parents.

4) Let sleep mode do its job. When the app is in sleep mode, kids cannot send or receive messages or video calls, play with the creative camera, or receive notifications. If they try to open the app, they’ll see a message telling them that it’s in sleep mode and to come back later.

Parents can access all of their controls from the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. In addition to sleep mode, parents can add and remove contacts, delete the child’s account, or create a new account right from the control panel.

For more information about Messenger Kids, visit MessengerKids.com or follow the Facebook page for updates.

Downloads:

Source: Sleep Mode: Giving Parents More Control on Messenger Kids | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. New Google Kids Space for a kids mode on Android Tablets - Similar Threads - Google Kids Space

2. setting restrictions for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting restrictions for kids: When I set time limits for my kids it will shut down their use after the set time. There is then a button where they can send an email to me to request more time or they can hit my parent is right here and I can enter my password to grant them more time. However, there is...
  3. Introducing Microsoft Edge Kids Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Kids Mode: There’s so much to be grateful for about the internet – immediate access to the world’s information at your fingertips, discovering inspiring content like DIY videos, and staying connected with family and friends through social media (I...
  4. Kids Mode still not available

in Browsers and Email
    Kids Mode still not available: Why is Browse in kids mode still not showing up in Edge 90.0.818.51? The only options available in the current profile is Browse as guest and Add profile? 178660
  5. New Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge: Kids Mode is a convenient browsing mode inside Microsoft Edge that’s designed for kids. With its kid-friendly features and safety guardrails in place, Kids Mode is a great place for children to safely explore the web. Kids Mode includes features like custom...
  6. darn kids!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    darn kids!: my daughter was playing on the xbox i got for christmas and i have a regular screen time limit about 2 hours weekdays and ive just realized that shes been playing more than 4 hours on weekdays! i had to take the controller and hide it in my office so she couldnt play more...
  7. Kids able to bypass family safety on Android

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kids able to bypass family safety on Android: I am using or rather trying to Family safety to control app and screen time on android devices via Microsoft Launcher. Here are 3 issues I am having. 1. My daughter is able to easily get round family safety and disable the permissions simply by going into the settings...
  8. Kids safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kids safety: Hello I was wondering if there is an easy way to set up a surface pro as a kid friendly tablet? For example my son will be online learning and I want him to be able to log into the surface pro log into the websites only allowed for his class online and nothing else. How do...
  9. Kid version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kid version: My grandfather is extremely computer illiterate. Is there a way to set up Windows 10 so he can't download programs and mess up his computer? submitted by /u/wrathofjhan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwzrcd/kid_version/
  10. New Sleep Mode for Facebook Messenger Kids app

in Windows 10 News
    New Sleep Mode for Facebook Messenger Kids app: [img] Messenger Kids was built to give parents more control and to give kids a safer space to message and video chat with close friends and family. Parental controls are core to the Messenger Kids experience, and today we’re launching a sleep mode for the app— a new...