Windows 10: New GPU can’t instal drivers

Discus and support New GPU can’t instal drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my last gpu died. Bought a new maxsun amd rx550 and installed. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the gpu. I can’t instal amd software as it gives me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Subject147, May 8, 2021.

1. New GPU can’t instal drivers

So my last gpu died. Bought a new maxsun amd rx550 and installed. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the gpu. I can’t instal amd software as it gives me the error 184 OS isn’t supported. I reinstalled W10, same issues. I wiped the ssd with parted magic, reinstalled W10, same issue. I created new Microsoft account, reinstalled W10, same issue.However my secondary HDD will run windows and recognizes the gpu, everything runs fine.Wth is going on? I want my primary to be the SSD so it loads stuff 10x faster.Any ideas???

:)

Subject147, May 8, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 8, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 8, 2021
  4. New GPU can’t instal drivers

GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 8, 2021
Thema:

New GPU can’t instal drivers

1. New GPU can’t instal drivers - Similar Threads - GPU can’t instal

2. Can’t update windows after installing new nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t update windows after installing new nvidia driver: So yesterday I installed the nvidia game ready driver 526.86. Once you the install of the new driver was done my pc Blue screened with stop cod Memory-Management and restarted. Now I cannot take screenshots, play games that use Battle-eye anticheatgives driver load error 577,...
  3. Can’t update windows after installing new nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t update windows after installing new nvidia driver: So yesterday I installed the nvidia game ready driver 526.86. Once you the install of the new driver was done my pc Blue screened with stop cod Memory-Management and restarted. Now I cannot take screenshots, play games that use Battle-eye anticheatgives driver load error 577,...
  4. Can’t update windows after installing new nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can’t install wifi driver on new windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install wifi driver on new windows 10 install: My wife got totally locked out of her HP laptop and there was no way to get back in so I had to reinstall windows. I download the windows 10 installer on a thumb drive and go to work. I then realized none of the laptops drivers are pre installed so first I had to extract a...
  6. Can’t install wifi driver on new windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t install wifi driver on new windows 10 install: My wife got totally locked out of her HP laptop and there was no way to get back in so I had to reinstall windows. I download the windows 10 installer on a thumb drive and go to work. I then realized none of the laptops drivers are pre installed so first I had to extract a...
  7. Can’t install wifi driver on new windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I can’t install drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t install drivers: I got windows 10 on my MacBook and I can’t figure out how to install internet drivers. I don’t have a USB port or a CD driver, my hour of looking through 10 pages of google has led me to believe it may be possible with my phone if so that’s good but I have no idea how...
  9. How do I install gpu drivers if I can’t get the computer to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I install gpu drivers if I can’t get the computer to boot: I put in a new harddrive for my computer and installed windows and my computer kept blue screening, eventually I got to a black screen that just says “nvidia control panel not found” and I assume this means I need to install the drivers for my gpu but I cannot get my pc to...
  10. Installing new GPU.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Installing new GPU.: Hey gang. Got really lucky today and snagged a MSI ventus 3x oc RTX 3080. I currently have a Gigabyte. GTX 1080. Besides uninstalling the Gigabyte program. Do I need to uninstall the current Nvidia driver's or can I just pop the card in and use it? 169346