Windows 10: New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot

Discus and support New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a radeon r9 200 series gpu into what was an hp pavilion p6110f, I've upgraded cpu to a core 2 quad q9650, maxed out ram, and my psus is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kameronkendall, May 2, 2019.

1. New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot

I installed a radeon r9 200 series gpu into what was an hp pavilion p6110f, I've upgraded cpu to a core 2 quad q9650, maxed out ram, and my psus is a 550w. Trying to boot normally I get a bsod with a device caught in driver thread message, HOWEVER booting into safemode it shows as having everything installed properly and it runs fine, doesn't crash from doing things like run Netflix and i was even able to run a few old games, anything from the xbox 360 days or newer would crash but beyond that it seems to be ok as long as i don't boot normally

:)

kameronkendall, May 2, 2019

2. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, May 2, 2019
  3. Rwong1104 Win User
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

In Windows 10, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words,
    cancel the changes made via msconfig?

Rwong1104, May 2, 2019
  4. New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot

Stuck in safemode

This worked for me. I booted back into ubuntu, then made the install disk. And following these steps got me out of Safemode! Thank you. If I can't find annything about the keyboard I'll make a new thread.

SpeedrunnerG55, May 2, 2019
Thema:

New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot

1. New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot - Similar Threads - gpu fine safemode

2. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking: Hi,Due to some faulty Ram which has now been replaced i have a windows install that is unable to boot correctly.I Can boot into Safemode with networking using the auto recovery menu.I've tried using system restore points which have all failed.I've also tried removing the GPU...
  3. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking: Hi,Due to some faulty Ram which has now been replaced i have a windows install that is unable to boot correctly.I Can boot into Safemode with networking using the auto recovery menu.I've tried using system restore points which have all failed.I've also tried removing the GPU...
  4. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What will you do When Windows11 normal boot is not working and unable boot to safemode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will you do When Windows11 normal boot is not working and unable boot to safemode.: Sometimes When Windows 11 is unable to boot in normal mode and users cannot able to boot into safe mode.So in the above cases, solution exist or not?On 11th May 2023, the same issue happened to Windows 11 64bit 22h2 build no 22622.1702 on the laptop, after enabling the driver...
  6. What will you do When Windows11 normal boot is not working and unable boot to safemode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will you do When Windows11 normal boot is not working and unable boot to safemode.: Sometimes When Windows 11 is unable to boot in normal mode and users cannot able to boot into safe mode.So in the above cases, solution exist or not?On 11th May 2023, the same issue happened to Windows 11 64bit 22h2 build no 22622.1702 on the laptop, after enabling the driver...
  7. Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode: Hi y'all, I have a HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020. I have been using an external computer screen and everything has been working fine until I was forced to update my computer. Ever since then, my computer cannot get past the HP loading screen. The HP loading screen will...
  8. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...
  9. Cannot Boot To Safemode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Boot To Safemode: Windows 10, 64bit, Updates are current After backing up my system OS drive, the PC will not boot anymore. It gave me the bluescreen error of " EUBKMON.sys ". This error was caused by Easeus Backup software and according to the fix, I will need to boot to Safe Mode and...
  10. New GPU doesn't show post but boots normally to windows

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New GPU doesn't show post but boots normally to windows: Hi everyone I've been searching google high and low for the past few days, trying to find a solution. My boss and I bought a used workstation PC. I have an eGPU setup at home, and have an overpowered GPU for it. So I switched the two (workstation/eGPU). The new...