Windows 10: New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M.

Discus and support New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there. I have trouble finding a replacement to my old graphic card in my laptop. Does it pay off to replace the AMD Radeon hd 7970M as it is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by klari0, Sep 8, 2020.

1. klari0 Win User

New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M.

Hi there. I have trouble finding a replacement to my old graphic card in my laptop. Does it pay off to replace the AMD Radeon hd 7970M as it is no longer supported and replace it with a newer one that may enable me to play Space engineers?

klari0, Sep 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Issue with AMD Radeon HD 7970m, possible failed GPU?

I have the same issue with my Clevo P170EM laptop. It has a Radeon hd 7970M graphics card.

I have tried reinstalling windows several times now and the same thing happens every time:

Model: Clevo P170 EM

CPU: Intel i7-3610QM 2,3 ghz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: Radeon HD 7970m / Intel onboard

- I succesfully finish my windows 10 installment.

- When Windows starts to update the graphics driver it freezes, and when I reboot, it goes into a "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" loop.

- I also tried cleaning any installed graphic drivers in safe mode with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and installing the newest driver for the radeon hd 7970M manually. When the driver was installing the computer froze and went into black screen with
    no cursor.

Help would be appreciated

Johannes Møller, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    AMD Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the device manufacturer’s support site, the graphics card is not designed to support Windows 10, the drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphics card are available only up to Windows 8, you can try with installing
    AMD Catalyst software Suite for Windows 8/8.1 in compatibility
    mode and see if it helps.

• Right click the applications installation file (exe), select
      Properties andgo toCompatibility
      Tab.
    • Select the appropriate options from the list.
    • Click Apply/OK.
    • Right Click the file and select the
      Run as administrator option to install.

I also suggest to check in device manager if the PC has integrated graphics or get in touch with the device manufacturer to check the same. You can also get the complete device specifications by entering the System Service tag
    Here.

Hope the information is helpful.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

AMD announces new AMD Radeon RX 590 Graphics Cards

Source: New AMD Radeon RX 590 Graphics Cards Deliver Leading-Edge, Smooth HD Gaming Experience for Latest Games | AMD

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M. - Similar Threads - Graphic card replace

2. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  3. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  4. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. amd radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon graphics: So my laptop has Intel core i5 Amd radeon graphics and when I click on amd radeon software application it doesn't open help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-graphics/f326cf36-98dd-478d-bca4-937082c0f99a
  6. amd radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd radeon graphics: So my laptop has Intel core i5 Amd radeon graphics and when I click on amd radeon software application it doesn't open help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-graphics/f326cf36-98dd-478d-bca4-937082c0f99a
  7. AMD radeon vega 10 graphics card

AMD radeon vega 10 graphics card: brand new ASUS ViviBook graphics error AMD Radeon VEGA 10 Is this an error I should be concerned about? How do I fix it? Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15D8&SUBSYS_18211043&REV_C1\4&18c8f581&0&0041 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem109.inf Class Guid:...
  8. Windows 10 forced an update on my AMD Radeon HD 7970M Video Card which resulted in COMPUTER...

Windows 10 forced an update on my AMD Radeon HD 7970M Video Card which resulted in COMPUTER...: I upgraded to Windows 10, 1909. I cleaned the system. Loaded all new drivers, upgraded everything.. that is except the AMD Radeon HD 7970M drivers, because every driver for the device after 18.12.1.1 is BROKEN. The community has been aware of this issue for years....
  9. AMD Unveils the AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT Graphics Card

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unveils the AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT Graphics Card: [media] AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT delivers amazing high-framerate esports gaming and up to 13 percent higher performance on average than the competition in today’s top AAA titles Gamers receive Monster Hunter World: Iceborne™ Master Edition and three months of Xbox Game Pass...
  10. AMD announces new AMD Radeon RX 590 Graphics Cards

in Windows 10 News
    AMD announces new AMD Radeon RX 590 Graphics Cards: VRAPmwgMAbc AMD today unveiled the Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card, an advanced 12nm GPU designed to deliver amazing gaming experiences and outstanding performance for the latest AAA, eSports and Virtual Reality (VR) titles. Powered by AMD “Polaris” architecture1, the AMD...