Windows 10: New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors

Discus and support New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Had to replace old power supply and graphics card...both went smooth or so I thought... Have 3 monitor set up which has worked fine for years...after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by trinaz, Nov 27, 2019.

1. trinaz Win User

New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors

Had to replace old power supply and graphics card...both went smooth or so I thought...

Have 3 monitor set up which has worked fine for years...after installing new graphics card...zI can run monitor one by itself without issue...but when I connect monitor 2 or 3 I 'loose' all montors... nothing works...if I disconnect monitor 2 from the card..then monitor 1 works fine...reconnect 1 or 2 other monitors...then all blank screens !

Any thoughts on what's up with monitors 2 and 3 and the new card ?

:)

trinaz, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Windows 10 Update Doesn't Recognize My Additional Monitors

Hi,

I've updated to Windows 10 to my laptop and it is not detecting my 2 additional monitors. I followed the instructions here, but still not working. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks:

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors - Similar Threads - graphics card lost

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. Does new graphics card affect monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does new graphics card affect monitor?: Hey so I just got a new prebuilt pc today it’s the asus rog strix i5 10400f rtx 3050 when I first set it up everything seemed fine I installed everything I used to have on my old pc but I noticed that my resolution was a little choppy and I tried changing it around but...
  4. Does new graphics card affect monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does new graphics card affect monitor?: Hey so I just got a new prebuilt pc today it’s the asus rog strix i5 10400f rtx 3050 when I first set it up everything seemed fine I installed everything I used to have on my old pc but I noticed that my resolution was a little choppy and I tried changing it around but...
  5. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards: So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second monitor is actually a tv. It's bigger, but has lower resolution and frame rate. I use it for movies and sometimes co-op games. I...
  6. New Graphics Card Compatible with Viewsonic VP2770 Monitor

New Graphics Card Compatible with Viewsonic VP2770 Monitor: I have a Viewsonic monitor model VP2770 operating at its maximum resolution of 2560x1440 pixels via a DVD-DL cable. The monitor has the following digital inputs: DVI-D Dual Link Display Port 1.2 HDMI 1.4 (max 1920x1080 for PC or 2560x1440 for Mac) New high resolution...
  7. Should I install an additional graphics card on new Motherboard?

Should I install an additional graphics card on new Motherboard?: I built a new PC using an Asrock H370M-Plus. The new machine is working well, however, I am not completely satisfied with the graphics. I have recently purchased a new Dell monitor and the mobo recognized it immediately so there are no issues there. But when I am working in...
  8. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  9. Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor

Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor: Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre M72, and have been using it with two monitors, Cintiq companion 2 (2560x1440) and HP 2159m (1920x1080) using the onboard graphic card (4600 hd). I replaced the hp with an Acer 4k monitor, so I also added a GTX 1050 2GB lowprofile graphic...
  10. 2 different refresh rate monitors 1 graphics card

2 different refresh rate monitors 1 graphics card: Hi, I was wondering if I would be able to use a 144hz and 60hz monitor at the same time, I have a gtx 1060 6gb. I wouldn't use the 60hz one for gaming but just for some basic tasks. I just thought it would be nice to have a secondary monitor, So in short, I would play games...