Windows 10: New Guy did a boo boo

Discus and support New Guy did a boo boo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do. Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geoff101, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Geoff101 Win User

New Guy did a boo boo

The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do.

Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag screen that said I could install later and after the load it tells me I can delay up to 4 days...wow.

One person on another forum said he "heard" that if I refuse to accept the user agreement it will revert back to the original OS ??

What I want to do is add another HD and run 7 Pro 64 on one (been fine for years) and 10 on the other as a clean install. If 10 wipes out my 7 Product Key as many have said I'll switch manually instead of a dual boot.

Ideas/suggestions please?

Geoff

:)

Geoff101, Jul 18, 2016

2. Windows Boo-boo

A webpage saved as a favorite that was deleted? Go to the website and save it again.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Windows Boo-boo

How do I recover a webpage inadvertently deleted?

Gary ReginaldDodge, Jul 18, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

New Guy did a boo boo

Are you going to purchase another license for Windows or do you have two licenses now? Windows 10 will not "wipe out" your Windows 7 product key, but if you use the free upgrade to Windows 10 you still have only 1 license for 1 install of Windows and you cannot legally dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 with a single license.

And yes, if you decline the Windows 10 EULA, it should stop the installation.

NavyLCDR, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Step 1. Clean your Windows 10 download using GWX control panel
    ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/GwxControlPanelSetup.exe

Step 2:- get your windows 7 product extratced using either Belark or produkey (Just in case *Smile )

Step 3:- Download and install windows 10 .. (as long as its free)

Step 4;_ Since Win10 OS is downloaded and activated as a free update and it has registered your computer's Hardware ID.. you can downgrade to windows 7. Now windows 10 will be available for free even after free update period expires

Step 5 :_ Once you get your New HDD get windws 10 installed on it and Enjoy good of both world.
    If any thing goes wrong you have your windows 7 product key.

manish9009, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Guy did a boo boo

1. New Guy did a boo boo - Similar Threads - Guy did boo

2. Hello Guys,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello Guys,: Can somebody fix the automatic problem of display which often shut down, everything is invisible so how can i do that? Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-guys/7bb13f00-5fd6-4d8f-8e1d-5021098ead7b
  3. New guy from Eastern Georgia

in Windows 10 Support
    New guy from Eastern Georgia: Hello all Greg from Eastern GA, I have been a "tinkerer" since I could hold a screwdriver. Recently been pursuing some higher education in all things Windows. I repair/ update PC's for my family and friends. Considering a freelance type gig to make pocket cash(ideas always...
  4. hi guys

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hi guys: I have problems downloading any application from Windows Store, the download starts but then it stops and closes store. what do I have to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-guys/e93e5a62-4167-4980-b020-a9a5d1164aa8"
  5. Made a boo boo

in Windows 10 Support
    Made a boo boo: Hi I've made a mistake and not sure how I get back Earlier, I clicked on a notification pop up saying a programme was slowing my PC down, I thinks it was something about office 365 Now, when I try and open my saved MS documents, it open with configuration in progress but...
  6. How to stop "Restore Internet securtiy settings" from appearing on boo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop "Restore Internet securtiy settings" from appearing on boo: [img] How do I get pop up to stop appearing when I load into Windows? 96978
  7. new guy, looking for help with 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new guy, looking for help with 360 controller: hello all, looking for help trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to my pc. i plugged in the controller, and it comes up in device manager, when trying to test the controller in the game test window, it does not show up., any one ran into this before. ? dying here. my 4...
  8. Made a boo-boo - now can't run Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Made a boo-boo - now can't run Sticky Notes: I somehow managed to enable the built-in administrator account - now Sticky Notes won't run, but I get this: [img] it says The app cannot be run Sticky Notes cannot be run using the built-in administrator account. Log in using another account and try again....
  9. New Guy did a boo boo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Guy did a boo boo: The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do. Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag screen that said I could install later and after the load it tells me I can delay up to 4 days...wow. One person on another...
  10. cant boot to usb on pavilion x2 tablet even after disabling secure boo

in Windows 10 Support
    cant boot to usb on pavilion x2 tablet even after disabling secure boo: hi all, can somebody tell me how to boot to windows 10 usb on hp pavilion x2 please i have tried everything i can think of but will it hell do it i have also disabled secure boot in bios but still wont boot from usb also tried different ways of copying iso with...