Windows 10: new guy, looking for help with 360 controller

Discus and support new guy, looking for help with 360 controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello all, looking for help trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to my pc. i plugged in the controller, and it comes up in device manager, when trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bookinZ06, May 22, 2016.

1. bookinZ06 Win User

new guy, looking for help with 360 controller

hello all, looking for help trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to my pc. i plugged in the controller, and it comes up in device manager, when trying to test the controller in the game test window, it does not show up.,
    any one ran into this before. ? dying here.

my 4 year old is waiting to play SNES games on the emulator.

* all hard wire by they way * xbox controller with 15ft usb extension cable attached. **

:)

bookinZ06, May 22, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Compatible controllers for PC gaming on Killer Instinct

was able to play the game using a rockcandy usb 360 controller.

kjl1956, May 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing existing homegroup

To see C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\appData\Roaming\PeerNetworking you must allow seeing hidden files from the view tab.

Looking For Help, May 22, 2016
  4. new guy, looking for help with 360 controller

This isn't much help, but I recently connected my XBOX ONE controller to my PC and it downloaded and installed the drivers automatically. It worked fine after that. My only guess is maybe the 15 foot USB cable is messing up the detection? Try a shorter cable just to see if you can get it working, then switch back to the long cable. I think you can also get a WIFI dongle so you can use it wirelessly, just like you do on the XBOX. What is it listed as in device manager?

alphanumeric, May 22, 2016
  5. alphanumeric, May 22, 2016
  6. bookinZ06 Win User
    In device manager , it comes up at xbox peripherals.. I tired it without the extension cable, same result.
    I have the original 360 controller.. we're these compatible with a pc?

bookinZ06, May 22, 2016
  7. Check the link in my second post. I think so?

8. new guy, looking for help with 360 controller

My guess its just the game not seeing it for some reason? I just plugged mine in and it shows up as Xbox Peripherals > Xbox Controller. You'll have to look thorough the game setup menu to see if its set keyboard or something?

9. This is what it should show in device manager, this is the original white 360 controller with the huge usb lead connected to it

new guy, looking for help with 360 controller [​IMG]

paulsalter, May 22, 2016
  10. I've only ever used mine to play an XBOX Game through the XBOX App. I haven't tried to play a PC game on my PC with it, not yet anyway.

11. Mine shows up in Devices and Printers too as Controller under Devices.

12. to see if your controller is working ok
    type in joy.cpl at a run prompt to bring up the joystck control panel

Click the properties button, now check movement with left stick and buttons to see if you get a response

If all is working with this then the controller is connected and working fine, must be a setting in the game somewhere to get it going

paulsalter, May 22, 2016
  13. bookinZ06 Win User

I did that. When the box opens the controller does not pop up in the box. I can see it in device manager.. so it a software problem not hardware

bookinZ06, May 22, 2016
  14. looks to me like its not loading the driver correctly for it

have you got another USB socket you could test it in?

paulsalter, May 22, 2016
  15. bookinZ06 Win User
    I tried 4 of them. Lol. Headed to work now, will try later tonight.

bookinZ06, May 22, 2016
Thema:

1. new guy, looking for help with 360 controller - Similar Threads - guy looking help

2. guys help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    guys help: for some reason one day i suddenly couldn't open photosit said invalid directory then i repaired the appthen it said it couldn't find the picturethen i switched the default app to photoshop and it said it couldn't openpls help...
  3. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  4. HELP!!! (Xbox 360 controller trouble)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!!! (Xbox 360 controller trouble): I got a wired xbox 360 controller and when i plug it in and go to device manager its already there but the drivers are for windows 8 and the links I've found just don't work anymore. Also i cant uninstall the drivers for some reason. HELP PLEASE!!! submitted by...
  5. xbox 360 controller driver help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 controller driver help: Since a windows 10 update on 20/11/2020, the xbox wireless receiver i use with old xbox 360 controllers no longer seems to work. In the device manager, it stays as an other device > unknown device. When i update the driver, or uninstall and re-attach and update the driver to...
  6. Help on wired 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help on wired 360 controller: I bought this really handy wired xbox 360 controller for windows, and i like it alot. It worked very well a few minutes earlier but now when i plug it in it just wont turn on, i dont wanna buy another one and i cant go back to using a ps4 controller now ;-; please help me....
  7. Guys help

Guys help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SAGADAGA474 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik2wdy/guys_help/
  8. Guys Help!!!

Guys Help!!!: Guys I recently noticed my pc was so slow so I opened task manager and I saw a process called Desktop window manager that is taking 2.5 gigs of ram pls help , I checked my antivirus but there is no virus or anything I have checked bitdefender and malwarebytes Both didn’t...
  9. Help guys

Help guys: Guys help i have been facing an issue on my laptop which is windows 10 Dont know English much but i can explain So my laptop is Hp windows 10 and its about 1 year old I was facing issue of automatically deleting files just by clicking over files or softwares or folders and...
  10. Help configuring Xbox 360 Controller on Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help configuring Xbox 360 Controller on Win10: So, I'm trying to play games using a wired Xbox 360 controller on a windows 10 pc. the controller is recognized fine. That's not the problem. The problem is the inputs are all messed up and the configuration properties are all out of whack: - it shows one analog...