Windows 10: New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10

Discus and support New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey People of the Forums. I recently had a Hard Drive Issue which was resolved by going into the BIOS and tweaking some settings but after that, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MaananRaval, Apr 4, 2020.

1. New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10

Hey People of the Forums. I recently had a Hard Drive Issue which was resolved by going into the BIOS and tweaking some settings but after that, I had to boot Windows 10 on a CD/ROM device. And I come to see legitimately all settings cannot even be changed, but last I remember I could download Windows 10 with no restrictions but now I can't do anything. I feel as if having a computer is kinda useless unless you personalise it. Please please please help me, I don't know what to do.

Because I formatted my HDD I couldn't even boot into Windows 10, but now I can barely even change any settings. And if you are asking, Windows 10 instead of 7 Because this is a laptop from 2012 and uses Windows 7 It was updated to 10, but with the recent formatting, I can't even do anything with my Laptop without spending 120$+ for a Win10 Product Key.

The new Win10 Media Tool uses a heavily restricted version of Windows 10 Education Edition.

So if anyone has any resolutions to this problem I will be super super thankful.

Bye and Thanks! <3 New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10 :D

:)

MaananRaval, Apr 4, 2020

2. Error "Windows can not to be installed on this hard disk, if other media available install window to another hard disk".

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

You might experience this kind of issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• This issue might be caused due to the incorrect partition on the hard disk which would be the case the hard disk that the operating system was installed on.
    • The hard disk or partition might not be in NTFS format.
    (The NTFS file system provides better performance and security for data on hard disks and partitions or volumes than the FAT file system used in some earlier versions of Windows).

I suggest you to format the hard drive and then try installing Windows 10.

Hard disks, the primary storage devices on your computer, need to be formatted before you can use them. When you format a disk, you configure it with a file system so that Windows can store information on the disk.

Warning:

Make sure you take the backup of the data and then try formatting.

Formatting erases any existing files on a hard disk. If you format a hard disk that has files on it, the files will be deleted and can't be retrieved.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 4, 2020
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10 :)

dhdude, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10

1. New Hard Disk Format, Cannot Properly Install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Format

2. Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.: I installed Windows and Linux on my system as a dual boot.Unfortunately I upgraded a 64 bit version of windows 8.1 but due to low ram I was facing a lot of difficulties so I decided to go back to the 32 bit version but I could not install it as my system's architecture was 64...
  3. Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.: I installed Windows and Linux on my system as a dual boot.Unfortunately I upgraded a 64 bit version of windows 8.1 but due to low ram I was facing a lot of difficulties so I decided to go back to the 32 bit version but I could not install it as my system's architecture was 64...
  4. To get Pre-Installed windows 10 after Hard disk format

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    To get Pre-Installed windows 10 after Hard disk format: I have a Lenovo 310 Laptop which came pre installed with Windows 10. Some how its hard disk was reformatted due to trivial virus. How can I get the same windows installation/activation key again with the Lenovo 310 product key?...
  5. Formatting hard disks with numbers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting hard disks with numbers?: Hi I have a server and I'm running out of letters to add hard drives I know that with raid or pools you can combine multiple drives but I would like to use numbers instead of letters that are not recognized in windows is there a possibility zb in windows server 2019...
  6. Format hard disk without windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format hard disk without windows 10?: Hello, is there a way to format my hard drive but leave Windows 10 on it? Thanks in advance. Festplatte formatieren ohne windows 10?
  7. How to format hard disk during installation of Windows 10?

How to format hard disk during installation of Windows 10?: Hi! Recently my hard disk was broken and I can't boot it to Windows 10. It would load and it will get stuck on the loading screen and then show a BSOD. I want to make a clean installation but I also want to format my hard disk too. Does the installation let me format it so...
  8. Format a Hard Disk Drive

Format a Hard Disk Drive: I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-hard-disk-drive/0e989132-1b84-48c9-b089-ce4ac8420d30
  9. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot install windows to this disk