Windows 10: New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install

Discus and support New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My 3 year old HP laptop hard drive failed. Bought a new SSD and installed. Created a Windows 10 usb boot instal flash drive. Laptop booted to flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ruggba, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ruggba Win User

New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install

My 3 year old HP laptop hard drive failed. Bought a new SSD and installed. Created a Windows 10 usb boot instal flash drive. Laptop booted to flash drive and appears to install Windows 10. Laptop reboots after install and i get Cortana asking me my Region and keyboard preference. Then she asks to connect to wifi. I find my hotspot, confirm the password, Cortana says it connected and when I hit next it goes to a screen stating it is connecting to Microsoft and this could take a few minutes. After about 3 minutes it goes back to the network beginning asking to choose a wifi. I have tried 3 different hotspots multiple times. I have made 2 different Windows 10 usb install drives and started the process over 4 times and get the same result. How can i get past this Microsoft network setup? Thanks

:)

ruggba, Apr 5, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 5, 2020
  3. GOVINDKUMAR3, Apr 5, 2020
  4. New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install

1. New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install - Similar Threads - hard drive trouble

2. Trouble with the slow installation of Windows and the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with the slow installation of Windows and the hard drive?: I installed Windows after a sudden glitch in Windows, but I found the installation of Windows took a long time, about two hours? Why?I checked the hard disk from the pad and the disk is fine, and I erased all the data from the disk, and yet there is a severe slowdown in...
  3. Trouble with the slow installation of Windows and the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with the slow installation of Windows and the hard drive?: I installed Windows after a sudden glitch in Windows, but I found the installation of Windows took a long time, about two hours? Why?I checked the hard disk from the pad and the disk is fine, and I erased all the data from the disk, and yet there is a severe slowdown in...
  4. Trouble with the slow installation of Windows and the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  6. Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation: I recently installed a new Hard Drive in my Dell Latitude E6540. After Installing Windows I was prompted to activate, and went through the process of running troubleshoot, and 'I changed hardware on this device recently.' The device options do not include the device I'm...
  7. Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Adding New Hard Drive: I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems. I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also, when I go to DiskPart > List Disk it isn't showing. I've tried updating the driver in Device Manager and I've also...
  8. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  9. New hard drive and install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hard drive and install of windows 10: I need to install a new hard drive which is about to fail according to my diagnostic disk. I think I can install the drive, but I need to know how to reinstall windows 10 afterwards. Is there anything with detailed instructions to guide me?...
  10. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation: My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 installation on new hard drive has failed