Windows 10: new hard drive not found

Discus and support new hard drive not found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mg8t7gn, Jan 14, 2020.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

new hard drive not found

Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal pc ssd-sata III6 gb/s, m.2 2280, up to 568 mb/s wds100t2bob) and drive enclosure (orico nvme pci-e m.2 ssd enclosure adapter usb3.1 type-c gen2 10gps to m.2 aluminum case for 2230/2242/2260/2280 pcie nvme m-key up to 2tb). I mounted the ssd to the board of the enclosure, plugged in the usb to the laptop, the blue light on the ssd ights up, but the new ssd is not shown in explorer. Does the same thing if I plug it into my desktop. Before I bought anything, I contacted Dell as to what ssd I would need and this is the part number they gave me. Am I not doing something right. These are the links to what I bought:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0811G8982/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks
    Mark

:)

mg8t7gn, Jan 14, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 14, 2020
  3. little cat, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

new hard drive not found

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

new hard drive not found

1. new hard drive not found - Similar Threads - hard drive found

2. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  3. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  4. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. hard drive not found ---Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive not found ---Help: Hi Really need help here.Don't know what happened but I came back to the pcand it came up with blue screen and "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you" there was aQR image as well but it didn't last long before it went to a win10 logo...
  6. Hard drive not found

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hard drive not found: Needed to reinstall windows 10 pro. My additional (D) SSD hard drive has a password protection. It is used to store documents, pictures and games etc. To not delete all info on that the D drive it was disconnected before reinstalling windows on default drive (C). After...
  7. external hard drive not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not found: external hard drive not found 1tb hard drive has power, but not spinning. My computer, does not register drive & Disk management does not acknowledge drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-found/9d132440-5ec8-4b5c-b3ef-e81673cd8564
  8. Hard drive Not found

Hard drive Not found: I have installed neverwre's chrome os in my usb drive. Unfortunately I have chosed to format drive and install this on pc. I have canceled the install process but My drive is already formated. After that I have installed windows 10. Drives Before format 1. hard drive,...
  9. new hard drive not found

new hard drive not found: Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal pc ssd-sata III6 gb/s, m.2 2280, up to 568 mb/s wds100t2bob) and drive enclosure (orico nvme pci-e m.2 ssd enclosure adapter...
  10. New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...