Windows 10: new hard drive not found

Discus and support new hard drive not found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mg8t7gn, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:49 AM.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

new hard drive not found

Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal pc ssd-sata III6 gb/s, m.2 2280, up to 568 mb/s wds100t2bob) and drive enclosure (orico nvme pci-e m.2 ssd enclosure adapter usb3.1 type-c gen2 10gps to m.2 aluminum case for 2230/2242/2260/2280 pcie nvme m-key up to 2tb). I mounted the ssd to the board of the enclosure, plugged in the usb to the laptop, the blue light on the ssd ights up, but the new ssd is not shown in explorer. Does the same thing if I plug it into my desktop. Before I bought anything, I contacted Dell as to what ssd I would need and this is the part number they gave me. Am I not doing something right. These are the links to what I bought:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0811G8982/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks
    Mark

:)

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:03 AM
  3. Mathragh Win User

new hard drive not found

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Thema:

new hard drive not found

1. new hard drive not found - Similar Threads - hard drive found

2. new hard drive not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new hard drive not found: Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal pc ssd-sata III6 gb/s, m.2 2280, up to 568 mb/s wds100t2bob) and drive enclosure (orico nvme pci-e m.2 ssd enclosure adapter...
  3. Network external hard drives not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network external hard drives not found: Can somone give me a non techy response? I have a Netgear wireless router. I have a dell Win 10 computer. My comuter does not recognize the external Hard Drive plugged into the router's USB Port. I did a reinstall of the latest version of Win 10.. My drive was...
  4. New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...
  5. Moving to a New Hard drive

Moving to a New Hard drive: So recently my old hard drive died. I cannot go to boot or anything so I have purchased a new hard drive I'm unable to get to my operating system on my old drive since it is entirely dead I still have Windows 10 connected to my account so, how do I get my account in Windows...
  6. migrate hard drive to new master hard drive

migrate hard drive to new master hard drive: i want to install anew ssd hard drive as the master drive and transfer all the information from my existing one to the new one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrate-hard-drive-to-new-master-hard-drive/43dd4c49-1ea4-4ddc-a12f-71787dbba154
  7. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old settings were not transferred. How do I move the old C: drive to the New C: without messing up the operating system....
  8. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...
  9. Internal hard disk drive not found

Internal hard disk drive not found: Hey all I have an Alienware X51 R3 and I was messing with my command prompt and accidentally changed what I believe is the path too boot my hard drive... In the command prompt I said  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ I then reset my computer and now I get a "Internal...
  10. ssd hard drives not found in win 10

ssd hard drives not found in win 10: Hey all Have just spent 3 day's trying to install win 10 update (from win 7). I have now been able to do it but had to reinstall win 7 to a standard hard drive I am trying to clone it to my ssd drive now My problem is I have 2 sets of raid ssd drives and 1 off them...