Windows 10: New hard drive present in Bios, not in discmanagement/win 10

Discus and support New hard drive present in Bios, not in discmanagement/win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed a new harddrive that doesn't show up in discmanagement/Win 10. However, my Bios has recognized the drive. How do I fix this? My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EHu30, Nov 18, 2020.

1. EHu30 Win User

New hard drive present in Bios, not in discmanagement/win 10

Hi, I just installed a new harddrive that doesn't show up in discmanagement/Win 10. However, my Bios has recognized the drive. How do I fix this? My search on the web so far resulted in the suggestion to remove the standard AHCI 1.0 serial ATA controlller and simply reboot. But it seems to me that will result in loosing all contact with my drives including the C: drive containing win 10. Is this a proper fix? Or are there less risky ways?

Grtz.

:)

EHu30, Nov 18, 2020

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Nov 18, 2020
  4. New hard drive present in Bios, not in discmanagement/win 10

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

New hard drive present in Bios, not in discmanagement/win 10

1. New hard drive present in Bios, not in discmanagement/win 10 - Similar Threads - hard drive present

2. OneDrive present on two hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive present on two hard drives: I have a Windows 10 desktop PC with two hard drives. My intention is to have a OneDrive folder on just one of the two hard drives. Instead, I have OneDrive folders on both hard drives. They are not exact duplicates because they are not the same size. How do I manage OneDrive...
  3. New 3rd Hard drive seen in BIOS but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New 3rd Hard drive seen in BIOS but not in Disk Management: I added a new 3rd SATA Seagate hard drive which appears in the BIOS in SATA 5 slot slot 4 is empty but the plug was harder to reach . It does not appear in Windows Disk Management or in Device Manager. Any suggestions?...
  4. At present Win 8.1 or Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At present Win 8.1 or Win 10: What os is better for gaming ? In win 10 my laptop crashes often dute Thread stuck in a device driver had no problems in win 8 when initially brought! my laptop initially configured was 8.1 later i updated because microsoft wanted me to now please help me what is...
  5. hard drive/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive/ Win 10: I have an HP touch screen laptop with a bad hard drive and wanted to install a hard drive froma Toshiba with problems but a good hard drive. I want to remove everything that has to do with Toshiba from the hard drive and load Windows 10. I had tried the Toshiba hard drive and...
  6. current hard drive compatible with new win 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    current hard drive compatible with new win 10 computer?: hello just got a new dell computer that has bays for extra hard drives. I want to move a drive from my old computer to the new one. the hard drive is a wdc wd1001fals-40u9b0 ata. I think the new computer uses sata connectors. not sure what the old hard drive is, maybe 2.5 do...
  7. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  8. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

installing Win 10 on new hard drive: Hi I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from it even though boot order was changed accordingly in BIOS. I eventually resorted to removing the hdd, after which the...
  9. Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive

Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive: I am using (for some years) a Toshiba Laptop that came with pre-installed Win 8. I upgraded this to Win 10, during the free upgrade period. Because my Laptop was becoming very slow, I have just fixed a new SSD Hard Disk Drive to this Toshiba Laptop. How do I now transfer /...
  10. Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD: Hi I have many sectors failed (1186) and 400 suspect ones according to Sentinal on my Desktop HD I am running Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7. If I buy another HD, how do I install Win10 on it as I only have the original Win 7 disc. Any help or links to follow would be...