Windows 10: New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

Discus and support New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My mother will replace the hard drive in her computer because it's 7 years old. It has Windows 10 which was a free update from a previous version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Berlin_dreamer, Dec 25, 2019.

1. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

My mother will replace the hard drive in her computer because it's 7 years old. It has Windows 10 which was a free update from a previous version. The original copy of Windows just came with the laptop.

At the moment the version of Windows works, but is just too slow.

Before my mother replaces the hard drive what details for example license keys will she need to know?

And how does she find out this information on her current version of Windows?

:)

Berlin_dreamer, Dec 25, 2019

2. Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 25, 2019
  3. cjoesgirl Win User
    new hard drive windows license.

can I use the license key from a windows 7 computer that was upgraded to windows 10 on a new hard drive for that same computer. My original hard drive failed.

cjoesgirl, Dec 25, 2019
  4. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

1. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen? - Similar Threads - hard drive licensing

2. What happen to my windows license after changing the Hard Drive HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happen to my windows license after changing the Hard Drive HDD: I have bought a laptop and it has preinstalled windows 10 home single language on HDD. Now I want to change my HDD to SSD. Now what happen to my windows license after changing my Hard Drive ? Can I reactivate my windows after changing the HDD ? If it is possible then how can...
  3. New hard drive, what now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hard drive, what now?: How do I install Windows 10 onto a new hard drive I got? My last one died so I bought a new one. Do I really need to buy a copy of Windows 10 for like $120 or is there an easier way?? I've heard of the Windows 7/Windows 8 free update but I don't know how to get those...
  4. What happened to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened to my hard drive?: [ATTACH] My hard drive disappeared. It says it is online, but unallocated. What does that mean? These are the options when I right click What can I do to fix this? Is my data gone? submitted by /u/ObberGobb [link] [comments]...
  5. How to use MS license to new Hard Drive

How to use MS license to new Hard Drive: how may i do if my hdd fail and want to use a new hdd. I bought MS Windows license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-ms-license-to-new-hard-drive/c3c3e1ca-e3ef-4170-afa7-bbaae44d3839
  6. Replacing hard drive, what about license?

Replacing hard drive, what about license?: I want to replace the hard drive. My question: how can I keep my license? I purchased this laptop with a pre-installed license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-hard-drive-what-about-license/24aa3bf8-7f46-4fcc-b1bd-e8bbe979710c
  7. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  8. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...
  9. Whats happened to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whats happened to my hard drive?: I have two disks, one 256gb SSD which my OS was installed on. The other is a 1tb HDD that had all my data on. I just "refreshed" windows using the delete all option. When asked, I selected only erase the disk containing my OS Now the reinstall is done, my HDD seems to be...
  10. What Happens if Hard Drive Crashes in 2-3 years???

in Windows 10 Support
    What Happens if Hard Drive Crashes in 2-3 years???: Hi... hope this is proper place for my (in future) questions: I've 2 laptops; Toshiba came with Win8... not upgraded to Win8.1; then a Samsung, came with Win 8, upgraded to Win8.1. Neither came with Restore DVDs nor any way to burn them. So... suppose I bring them to...