Windows 10: New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

Discus and support New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Renoir1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Renoir1 Win User

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires me to pay for the upgrade. Can't I get the upgrade to Windows 10 without paying the fee?

:)

Renoir1, Nov 22, 2018
  2. little cat, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 22, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Installation

2. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: My friend's hard drive failed,we got a fancy new SSD. Windows 10 won't install because it's missing a driver apparently. Who knew on a blank hard drive that there wouldn't be anything on it? Anyway, the requisite file is ucx01000.sys and I don't know how to install it without...
  4. installing windows on new hard drive

installing windows on new hard drive: my old hard drive got fried with a power surge. got a replacement hard drive, got a USB for installation, but it won't install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-on-new-hard-drive/29b67674-63e4-4db0-b671-4324d96b31be
  5. installing windows 10 on new hard drive

installing windows 10 on new hard drive: I am looking to install a new hard drive on my lap top. It originally came with windows 7 which now has windows 10 from the free install when it was offered. Will I be able to install windows 10 on the new drive. If so how would I do that?...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I am installing a new SSD on my wife's computer and she wants a fresh install rather than transferring everything over. I have everything ready to go, but have a few questions about the product key for Windows 10. It is activated with a digital licence linked to her...
  7. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  8. New hard drive and install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hard drive and install of windows 10: I need to install a new hard drive which is about to fail according to my diagnostic disk. I think I can install the drive, but I need to know how to reinstall windows 10 afterwards. Is there anything with detailed instructions to guide me?...
  9. Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive: Hello, so I recently had my hard drive in my laptop (Dell inspiron 17-7778) go out on me and I acquired a brand new one yet i never was able to get windows 10 backed up on to a USB, so i cannot acces my computer bast the boot up menu because of the damaged hard drive, and of...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Greetings Sir, I have an old pc (7 years) and plan on replacing the hard drive with a new WD Black. I want to save my present drive and use it as a slave. I do not want to mirror my present drive over. Instead, I would like to start fresh on the new drive and pick and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updated from windows 8 to windows 10 which one will install on new hard drive