Windows 10: New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 originally installed. After the Windows 10 release, I upgraded. The hard drive has been slowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisMahoneySC, Jun 12, 2019.

1. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 originally installed. After the Windows 10 release, I upgraded. The hard drive has been slowing down, so decided to replace with a SSHD. Before doing that, I did the Windows 10,1903 update, then I created a Windows recovery disk (USB). After replacing the hard drive, I rebooted from the recovery disk, and it installed Windows... However, to my surprise, it was Windows 8 that was installed (System Information)!!! I then downloaded the Windows 10 update...again. Last night, I tried to install, but after shutting down, got "Installing 1 of 150 updates, do not turn off computer" This morning, I have the message "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." This has been on the screen for at least the last 4 hours! What do I need to do to get Windows 10 installed? I have the original Windows 8 product key.

:)

DennisMahoneySC, Jun 12, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hard Drive Upgrade

I am going to upgrade my hard drive from rpm to ssd and needed to know what the step to getting my windows 10 on the new hard drive.

AddamMelvin, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

1. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Upgrade

2. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to new hard drive: Looking to move my C drive and my copy of windows 10 to a new hard drive. How can I do this? Someone recommend just making a clone? Can I do that with windows without messing anything up?...
  3. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to new hard drive: Looking to move my C drive and my copy of windows 10 to a new hard drive. How can I do this? Someone recommend just making a clone? Can I do that with windows without messing anything up?...
  4. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade?: Hello, Following problem, can I share my SSD? I only have one to transfer Windows to the new PC but it has all my data from the old PC on it. The NVme SSD is not compatible with the old PC. Is there any way I can share the SSD? Festplatte für Windows 10 Upgrade teilen?
  6. Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10: Hello, I replaced an old HDD drive with SSD drive. I had a Windows 7 home edition on old hard disk. Now I am trying to re-use the same product key on Windows 10 installed fresh on new SSD. It is not allowing me to enter. Because it has different format and number of...
  7. Moving hard drive to new upgraded hardware???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving hard drive to new upgraded hardware???: I am helping my friend, who’s motherboard has died. What do I have to do to move his hard drive w/ Windows 10 Pro 1909 v18363.815, to a new motherboard & processer? The core is from: Intel i5 4690 to i7 9700 Can I use his current installed windows in new hardware???...
  8. Windows 10 on new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 on new hard drive.: I have recently acquired an HP Notebook 17-p121wm but it has a bad hard drive. I can't log in to the computer. If I replace the hard drive will they come with windows 10 already on it? Is it stored somewhere else on the laptop? Or am I going to have to purchase windows 10?...
  9. upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives

upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives: i know its been asked before, but most of the related posts on the subject are almost 2 years old - millenia in computing terms so im looking to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - instigated by experiencing an oculus VR headset and touch controllers over the weekend and reading...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive: A friend of mine currently has Windows 7 installed and wants to get a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10. Whats the current way to do this? 59709