Windows 10: New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 originally installed. After the Windows 10 release, I upgraded. The hard drive has been slowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisMahoneySC, Jun 12, 2019.

1. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 originally installed. After the Windows 10 release, I upgraded. The hard drive has been slowing down, so decided to replace with a SSHD. Before doing that, I did the Windows 10,1903 update, then I created a Windows recovery disk (USB). After replacing the hard drive, I rebooted from the recovery disk, and it installed Windows... However, to my surprise, it was Windows 8 that was installed (System Information)!!! I then downloaded the Windows 10 update...again. Last night, I tried to install, but after shutting down, got "Installing 1 of 150 updates, do not turn off computer" This morning, I have the message "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." This has been on the screen for at least the last 4 hours! What do I need to do to get Windows 10 installed? I have the original Windows 8 product key.

:)

DennisMahoneySC, Jun 12, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hard Drive Upgrade

I am going to upgrade my hard drive from rpm to ssd and needed to know what the step to getting my windows 10 on the new hard drive.

AddamMelvin, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

1. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Upgrade

2. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I am installing a new SSD on my wife's computer and she wants a fresh install rather than transferring everything over. I have everything ready to go, but have a few questions about the product key for Windows 10. It is activated with a digital licence linked to her...
  3. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  4. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...
  5. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation: My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires...
  6. Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive: Hello, so I recently had my hard drive in my laptop (Dell inspiron 17-7778) go out on me and I acquired a brand new one yet i never was able to get windows 10 backed up on to a USB, so i cannot acces my computer bast the boot up menu because of the damaged hard drive, and of...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Greetings Sir, I have an old pc (7 years) and plan on replacing the hard drive with a new WD Black. I want to save my present drive and use it as a slave. I do not want to mirror my present drive over. Instead, I would like to start fresh on the new drive and pick and...
  8. upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives

upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives: i know its been asked before, but most of the related posts on the subject are almost 2 years old - millenia in computing terms so im looking to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - instigated by experiencing an oculus VR headset and touch controllers over the weekend and reading...
  9. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old settings were not transferred. How do I move the old C: drive to the New C: without messing up the operating system....
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive: A friend of mine currently has Windows 7 installed and wants to get a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10. Whats the current way to do this? 59709