Windows 10: New Hard Drive

Discus and support New Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardCannon2, Jul 7, 2018.

1. New Hard Drive

I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old settings were not transferred.

How do I move the old C: drive to the New C: without messing up the operating system.

:)

RichardCannon2, Jul 7, 2018

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 7, 2018
  3. little cat, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Mathragh Win User

New Hard Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

New Hard Drive

1. New Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Hard Drive

2. How do I back up emails onto my hard drive? I am using Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I back up emails onto my hard drive? I am using Windows 10 Mail: How do I back up emails onto my hard drive? I am using Windows 10 Mail and cannot see option to take back up copy. I have a lot of emails and folders and want to be able to save them onto my laptop....
  3. Every night at midnight my external hard drives disconnect. I need help with a fix plz!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every night at midnight my external hard drives disconnect. I need help with a fix plz!: I have 2 external hard drives one is an SSD that I use for games and one is a 2tb hard drive for storage. And every night at midnight my 2 hard drives disconnect and whatever game I am playing crashes and I have to restart the computer to get the hard drives working again. I...
  4. Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both...

Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both...: Hi, Since my desktop is not working, I'm transferring the data from the partitioned WDC hard drive (two partitions, C: and D:) using a USB cable. The desktop hard drive (Disk 2 in image) appears on my laptop as a monolithic single drive (letter G: in image 1). It shows the...
  5. My external Hard Drive is causing windows explorer to crash

My external Hard Drive is causing windows explorer to crash: I need help When I tried to open my external hard drive in the windows explorer, it crashes. Also, the loading in windows explorer takes forever when my external hard drive is plugged in. I different ways to format it but the windows explorer always crushes....
  6. External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive: I have a new storage disk. When I hook it up, it does not appear in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/ebc26246-4a7a-46f4-a50e-827712b437b3"
  7. Moving Hard Drive to Another Computer and Activating Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Hard Drive to Another Computer and Activating Windows: My screen on my old computer went out. So I moved my hard drive to my sister computer. Her computer was down as the hard drive was bad. I was running Windows 10 home She was running Windows 7 Pro. So in moving my harddrive it is requesting me to activate my copy of...
  8. Settings Crash + Hard Drive Corruption

Settings Crash + Hard Drive Corruption: About a week ago, my power went out twice. Since then, I have been experiencing freezes and crashes. The settings app will crash every time I go from the screen after I open it directly. Games also have frame drops and apps are running insanely slow. Is there any way for me...
  9. KESU external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KESU external Hard Drive: How do I get external hard drive to backup my PC? I plug to USB and screen shows no data in F drive??????? KESU 350USB How can I get instructions from KESU? they will not respond. Thanks. EP schreiber...
  10. External Hard Drive Is Slow

External Hard Drive Is Slow: Is there a bug in the Windows or hardware interface to external hard drives? This question has been asked indirectly in nearly every forum over the last decade and is usually associated with image backups of any sort. Why the focus on image backups? Because they take...