Windows 10: New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10

Discus and support New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I orderd a new motherboard and CPU recently as my old CPU was all but dead. When trying to reactivate windows on the new hardware it brings up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudeSaint, Dec 29, 2018.

1. JudeSaint Win User

New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10

I orderd a new motherboard and CPU recently as my old CPU was all but dead. When trying to reactivate windows on the new hardware it brings up a desktop from Dell Inc which is actually our laptop that was bought not too long ago.
    When i search for other devices linked to this account i find my desktop but the message is
    • Unsupported version
    • These devices were registered with a version of Windows 10 that does not support this feature.
      I am logged into my microsoft account

:)

JudeSaint, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
  4. New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10

Vijay_Verma, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10

1. New hardware. Can not reactivate windows 10 - Similar Threads - hardware reactivate

2. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Seeking advice from anyone, particularly Microsoft support. I've just completed a major hardware change. New motherboard, processor and ram. I've never done this before so wasn't sure what to expect. Everything has gone smoothly but I've noticed that I'm getting a pop...
  3. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Seeking advice from anyone, particularly Microsoft support. I've just completed a major hardware change. New motherboard, processor and ram. I've never done this before so wasn't sure what to expect. Everything has gone smoothly but I've noticed that I'm getting a pop...
  4. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...
  6. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...
  7. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement: Following a hardware change required to upgrade to Windows 11, I am being prompted to activate Windows but I'm unable to reactivate it. I raised a support ticket but whenever I try to get through the agents are hanging up! Not helpful at all.I'm given the following error...
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement: Following a hardware change required to upgrade to Windows 11, I am being prompted to activate Windows but I'm unable to reactivate it. I raised a support ticket but whenever I try to get through the agents are hanging up! Not helpful at all.I'm given the following error...
  9. Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?: I'm thinking about upgrading my RAM in my Windows 11 23H2 machine. I also know that there is typically a limit to the amount of hardware that can be changed before reactivation of Windows is needed. What is the hardware change number limit before triggering Windows...
  10. Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?

Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?: I'm thinking about upgrading my RAM in my Windows 11 23H2 machine. I also know that there is typically a limit to the amount of hardware that can be changed before reactivation of Windows is needed. What is the hardware change number limit before triggering Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 we cant reactive windows from these devices

2. unsupported versionthese devices were registered with a version of windows 10 that does not support this feature.

3. reactivate windows 10 unsupported version

4. We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices Unsupported version,
  5. reactivate windows 10 these devices were registered with a version of windows 10 that does not support this feature.,
  6. these devices were registered with a version of windows 10 that does not support this feature.,
  7. These devices were registered with a version of Windows 10 that does not support this feature. re-activation,
  8. reactivating windows 10 unsupported version,
  9. reactivate windows 10 device does not show up,
  10. new pc reactivate windows 10,
  11. Unsupported versionThese devices were registered with a version of Windows 10 that does not support this feature,
  12. Unsupported version These devices were registered with a version of Windows 10 that does not support this feature.,
  13. trying to reactivate windows 10 says unsupported device,
  14. reactivate windows 10 unsupported version these devices were registered with a version of windows 10 that does not support this feature,
  15. can not reactivate windows 10 pro on new pc