Windows 10: New hardware won't boot Windows 10

Discus and support New hardware won't boot Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU and wanted to reuse all my other existing hardware (GPU, power, DVD drive, hard drive). I hooked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kapiljoshi, Nov 25, 2020.

1. New hardware won't boot Windows 10

I just bought a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU and wanted to reuse all my other existing hardware (GPU, power, DVD drive, hard drive). I hooked everything up and Windows would not boot off the hard drive. I pulled out my laptop and learned that this is normal when the hardware changes.
    I want my new computer to work but do not know what to do to get Windows to boot. I also learned that my new motherboard does not support IDE DVD drives so I will likely have to buy a new one.
    Is there an easy way to get Windows 10 to boot on the new hardware without having to reinstall everything?

submitted by /u/Kapiljoshi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kapiljoshi, Nov 25, 2020
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

New hardware won't boot Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

New hardware won't boot Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. Ahhzz Win User

New hardware won't boot Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

New hardware won't boot Windows 10

1. New hardware won't boot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - hardware won't boot

2. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  3. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  4. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD: I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal use, the SSD won't boot into Windows and I'm getting a BSOD Strttrail.txt Error, Windows is not able to repair it and it...
  6. Windows 10 New Hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 New Hardware: Hey, I want to change my Mainboard and CPU soon. I have a activated and linked license to a Microsoft Account (was a upgraded 8.1 key). Can i change the hardware , boot and then reinstall windows through Windows 10 options or do i need a USB stick? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot on new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot on new PC build: Hello New PC build - everything starts up fine - memory good and M2 drive good. I have windows 10 on USB - with primary partition that is active. The machine first starts and takes me to the BIOS, I set the USB drive to be first in the list and restart. Machine starts...
  8. Windows 10 on a new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on a new hardware: Hello, I am about to buy new hardware everything except my HDD, SSD and PS. I have a windows 10 PRO which was upgraded from windows 7. However, I don't have my product key any more - my windows was activated using 1 e-mail my former business e-mail, the one that no longer...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot on new PC: Recently built a new PC. All the parts were installed correctly but when I try to boot from the USB Windows 10 I bought off amazon it just gives me a blue screen with the stop code 0xc000021a and then proceeds to restart my pc while giving me no solution to the problem What...
  10. Nearly brand new Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Nearly brand new Windows 10 won't boot: A few days ago I bought an HP Pavilion 510-p030 with Windows 10. For some reason the Windows bootup quickly broke. The computer was "idling" when things went wrong. I came home and saw the screen black. I powered it off, back on, and it failed to boot. When I try to boot,...