Windows 10: New HDD not detected

Discus and support New HDD not detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I went to a seagate service center with my 1TB Seagate Baracuda which had around 1976 bad sectors. They instantly replaced my HDD with a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Badshah57, Jan 19, 2020.

1. New HDD not detected

Yesterday I went to a seagate service center with my 1TB Seagate Baracuda which had around 1976 bad sectors. They instantly replaced my HDD with a new Recertified one.

I came home and try to install in my PC. But its not showing even in Disk management (I have windows in SSD). Nor in BIOS or Boot menu. Even if its the only HDD plugged in my PC not detected anywhere. I also tried installing windows 10 with a flash drive and in disk partition menu it shows no drive detected.

I plugged my 500 GB HDD and booted Ubuntu from it (It had ubuntu in it). That 1 TB HDD not showing in gparted also.

But one thing I noticed is when I plug my 1TB HDD its not detected anywhere but the motherboard logo shows for really long(around 30 seconds) when I boot the pc up. But when I remove my 1 Tb HDD that mobo logo just shows for like 2 seconds.

Anything I can do to fix this error please help me.

submitted by /u/Badshah57
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Badshah57, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 cannot find my new hard drive but BIOS can.

Hello Ben,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Can you share the make and model of you hdd? Is it getting detected on other computer?

I suggest you to try the following and check if you are able to see the hdd in the list.

• Press windows + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)> diskpart> list disk.

Let us know the result. We’ll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

New HDD not detected

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

New HDD not detected

1. New HDD not detected - Similar Threads - HDD detected

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  4. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  5. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  6. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

7. DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device"

DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device": Hello, I am facing issues with my ASUS DVD ROM drive DRW-1608P2S and a ViPower SuperRack. I have plugged both in using 2 IDE to SATA adapters. They receive power, the DVD ROM opens and spins, and so does the hard drive inside of the rack, but they aren't detected in file...
  8. DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device": Hello, I am facing issues with my ASUS DVD ROM drive DRW-1608P2S and a ViPower SuperRack. I have plugged both in using 2 IDE to SATA adapters. They receive power, the DVD ROM opens and spins, and so does the hard drive inside of the rack, but they aren't detected in file...
  9. DVD drive and HDD rack not working, detected both as "unknown device"

10. HDD not getting detected anywhere

HDD not getting detected anywhere: Hi!I have Lenovo Z51-70 which came with a regular HDD. I brought a SSD drive and then did a clean install with installation media transfer of OS. Everything went well and the system is running very smoothly on the SSD.The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came...