Windows 10: New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

Discus and support New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not. I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tagby, Jan 21, 2021.

1. /u/Tagby Win User

New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not.

I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD for my family's Windows 10 computer. I ordered it from Newegg with fast processing and 2-day shipping. It arrived today and I was testing it with Seatools for Windows.

Seatools told me:

• SMART Test -- FAILED
    • ShortDST -- PASSED
    • Short Generic R/W Test -- PASSED

Last time I accepted a drive from someone that failed the SMART test, the drive failed on me in a month.

What should I do? Are there other software tools I can use to test this drive to verify it's defective before I start the return/warranty process?

Info for AutoMod:

• Windows 10 Build#: 19042.746
    • ASUS AIO
    • Intel Core i5-7200U
    • Seatools Version 1.4.0.7
    submitted by /u/Tagby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tagby, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 21, 2021
  4. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

1. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival. - Similar Threads - HDD possibly Dead

2. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  3. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  4. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Windows 11's Android Apps feature dead on arrival?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Windows 11's Android Apps feature dead on arrival?: Microsoft lifted the veil on the next version of its Windows operating system this week. One of the main features of Windows 11 is support for Android applications. Microsoft did not reveal much about the support, only that the operating system would offer applications from...
  6. NEW WINDOWS ARRIVAL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW WINDOWS ARRIVAL: I WANTED TO ASK WHETHER new windows be just and update activated windows 10 or we have to buy itsorry if any wrong question asked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-arrival/6b01f644-a93e-4540-8203-e6744495e8fd
  7. Win 10 on dead hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...
  8. Possible HDD problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible HDD problem: Just had a scare... A L W A Y S B A C K U P *Shock I have a bunch of HDs in this box. I have a client HD that is a Seagate®NAS HDDST3000VN000 I was working on it and it disappeared. dskmgr said it had failed. reactivate did nothing. panic. I took off the connectors,...
  9. HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival: I have a problem. I bought a 5.1 channel HDMI-to-RCA converter so I could decode HDMI and plug the channels (RCA jacks) into 3 stereo amplifiers I have kicking around. I seek joy but have not found it. Driver auto-installed when unit plugged in for the 1st time (USB that I...
  10. New Updates Arrived

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Updates Arrived: [img] [img] 115987