Windows 10: New hdd

Discus and support New hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if I still need to initialize a new hard drive so I can install windows in itcan't find a good ssd anywhere so I used a new hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZachHillton, Apr 12, 2021.

1. New hdd

Hello, I was wondering if I still need to initialize a new hard drive so I can install windows in itcan't find a good ssd anywhere so I used a new hard drive for now if so, how can I do that? I really can't remember the process to follow when installing an os to a new hdd. p.s it's my only drive, my previous hdd has alot of bad sectors so that's why I changed it

Thanks in advance

:)

ZachHillton, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Apr 12, 2021
  4. New hdd

Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

New hdd

1. New hdd - Similar Threads - hdd

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  4. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  5. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  6. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

7. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  8. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  9. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...: আমার ডেল ব্রান্ড ল্যাপটপ। ল্যাপটপটি অন করার সময় Enter HDD Password চাচ্ছে, পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না। এখন ল্যাপটপটির সমস্যা কিভাবে সমাধান করা যায় অনুগ্রহ করে সাহায্য করুন।...