Windows 10: New headphones detected as speakers. Sounds really flat. Need help on how to fix it.

Discus and support New headphones detected as speakers. Sounds really flat. Need help on how to fix it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Headphones are Nubwo N12s with one 3.5mm jack. Computer is an Asus TUF FX504GM laptop with just one 3.5mm port. I plug it in and nothing pops out on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aaayron, Feb 11, 2020.

1. New headphones detected as speakers. Sounds really flat. Need help on how to fix it.

Headphones are Nubwo N12s with one 3.5mm jack. Computer is an Asus TUF FX504GM laptop with just one 3.5mm port.

I plug it in and nothing pops out on the side like it usually does to ask if I plugged in a headphone, speaker, or headset. It just automatically transfers audio to the headphones and sounds super flat. I've tried adjusting settings repetitively on Realtek Audio Console (enabling Spatial Sound & Windows Sonic, turning up sample rate to highest format) to no avail.

Can anyone help me get the sound quality to be better? Or at least get the pop up on the bottom right to come back so I can choose "Headphones"? I know I can get more out of these cans. Numerous reviews online say they sound amazing.

submitted by /u/Aaayron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aaayron, Feb 11, 2020
  2. kamalaggi Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Hi,

I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio.

I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack.

The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile.

I have the latest drivers installed. Sound is working fine though HDMI on my TV but i'm guessing that's using my graphics card.

I have headphones/speaker selected in sound manager. Also realtek sound manager is detecting that my speakers are connected to the audio jacks at the back and front but still no sound.

In sound manager I can see the green bar moving up/down for Speakers/Headphones.

Could the sound chip on motherboard be fried?

Thanks for you help.

kamalaggi, Feb 11, 2020
  3. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Feb 11, 2020
  4. New headphones detected as speakers. Sounds really flat. Need help on how to fix it.

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

New headphones detected as speakers. Sounds really flat. Need help on how to fix it.

1. New headphones detected as speakers. Sounds really flat. Need help on how to fix it. - Similar Threads - headphones detected speakers

2. Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.: I have recently bought a Corsair HS80 USB and could not find out how to fix the bad playback quality. At first, I thought it was the headphones causing the problem, but it wasn't. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the quality but found no solution. I was this...
  3. Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.: I have recently bought a Corsair HS80 USB and could not find out how to fix the bad playback quality. At first, I thought it was the headphones causing the problem, but it wasn't. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the quality but found no solution. I was this...
  4. Headphones detecting as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  5. Speakers not detected, no sound

Speakers not detected, no sound: I recently noticed that I cannot use speakers as they are not detected in Sound or Realtek HD Audio Manager when I plug them into any of the back panel outputs. My headphones work fine, both front panel and back. Speakers work when plugged into the headphones out socket. I...
  6. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  7. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  8. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected): Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs...
  9. Headphones detected as Speakers

Headphones detected as Speakers: Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones...
  10. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...