Windows 10: New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

Discus and support New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a Logitech G433 Gaming Headset, and to my surprise, when I plugged it in, sound was only being played through the left cup. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LittleWhole, Jun 12, 2019.

1. New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

Hi, I recently got a Logitech G433 Gaming Headset, and to my surprise, when I plugged it in, sound was only being played through the left cup. I went through the sound settings and saw that the headset was being labelled and treated as "Speakers", instead of "Headset" or "Headphones". So basically Windows 10 thinks that my headset is a speaker. How do I change the type to headphones? When I click the "Configure" button, all it does is give me options for DTS 7.1 surround sound. Thanks in advance!

:)

LittleWhole, Jun 12, 2019

2. Headphone microphone not working.

Hi Salvyar. Welcome to the TenForums @Salvyar

For what ever reason your Headset is not being detected as a Headset. Headphones are speakers. You are not being presented with an option for Headset, you are being offered speakers (Headphones) or MIC.

Is this headset Windows 10 compatible?

I see a gear in your upper left, is there anything within it to select a Headset? Same question with the wrench lower right.

Gear
    New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... [​IMG]
    Wrench
    New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 12, 2019
  3. domw0401 Win User
    Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a slight issue with my turtle beach xo four stealths on my new pc. Before on my laptop, I simply plugged the 3.5mm jack into the headphone port and they acted as both headphones and windows recognized them as an input device also. However now on my new pc build, I have a headphone and a microphone jack and they work separate from each other. This is a pain as I'm trying to stream with OBS and I can either have a mic or my headphones not both like I used to have. Also on a side note, when I plug the headphones into the microphone jack the sound is super quiet with loads of background noise. These are designed for an Xbox one controller and work flawlessly on Xbox with clear sound etc but on the new pc, they are awful!

Edit: Just found that whenever I plug the headset in as a mic or any earphones or headset windows thinks the earpiece or speakers are the microphones which accounts for the bad audio quality. Now is the question of why in hell does windows think the speakers are microphones New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... :)

Any help is appreciated!

domw0401, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ninja4 Win User

New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

Windows 10 treating microphone as speakers

I have a CAD u1 usb microphone that worked fine for months on my machine. Suddenly it is being treated as "speakers" by Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, anything I could think of. Every time I plug it back in,
    it's listed as "C-Media USB Sound Device" with the Speakers label in Output Devices.

I can't find any drivers at all from the manufacturer website.

Ninja4, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

1. New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... - Similar Threads - headset headphones are

2. Microphone being recognized as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  3. My headset microphone is not being detected

My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...
  4. Headset/microphone

Headset/microphone: I give up. For years I have been trying to get my headset/mic to work. No matter what I do I can't get my P.C. to recognize the fact that I have a headset with a mic. When I try using an aux splitter it doesn't recognize the headset whatsoever. Any help would be apreciated as...
  5. Headphones Microphone Not Being Acknowledged By Computer

Headphones Microphone Not Being Acknowledged By Computer: Hello! As you can see by the title, my microphone doesn't appear in anything (device manager, microphone setup, etc....). I have tried looking up solutions, but I have found none that are able to help me. Here is some information: Laptop: New XPS 2 in 1 Headphones: Beats...
  6. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help: So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This morning I woke up hoping to use my computer but when I started it up I noticed that there was a red x icon next to the volume...
  7. headset with microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...
  8. Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.: Hi everyone, I'm having a slight issue with my turtle beach xo four stealths on my new pc. Before on my laptop, I simply plugged the 3.5mm jack into the headphone port and they acted as both headphones and windows recognized them as an input device also. However now on my...
  9. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....