Windows 10: New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

Discus and support New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a Logitech G433 Gaming Headset, and to my surprise, when I plugged it in, sound was only being played through the left cup. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LittleWhole, Jun 12, 2019.

1. New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

Hi, I recently got a Logitech G433 Gaming Headset, and to my surprise, when I plugged it in, sound was only being played through the left cup. I went through the sound settings and saw that the headset was being labelled and treated as "Speakers", instead of "Headset" or "Headphones". So basically Windows 10 thinks that my headset is a speaker. How do I change the type to headphones? When I click the "Configure" button, all it does is give me options for DTS 7.1 surround sound. Thanks in advance!

:)

LittleWhole, Jun 12, 2019

2. Headphone microphone not working.

Hi Salvyar. Welcome to the TenForums @Salvyar

For what ever reason your Headset is not being detected as a Headset. Headphones are speakers. You are not being presented with an option for Headset, you are being offered speakers (Headphones) or MIC.

Is this headset Windows 10 compatible?

I see a gear in your upper left, is there anything within it to select a Headset? Same question with the wrench lower right.

Gear
    New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... [​IMG]
    Wrench
    New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 12, 2019
  3. domw0401 Win User
    Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a slight issue with my turtle beach xo four stealths on my new pc. Before on my laptop, I simply plugged the 3.5mm jack into the headphone port and they acted as both headphones and windows recognized them as an input device also. However now on my new pc build, I have a headphone and a microphone jack and they work separate from each other. This is a pain as I'm trying to stream with OBS and I can either have a mic or my headphones not both like I used to have. Also on a side note, when I plug the headphones into the microphone jack the sound is super quiet with loads of background noise. These are designed for an Xbox one controller and work flawlessly on Xbox with clear sound etc but on the new pc, they are awful!

Edit: Just found that whenever I plug the headset in as a mic or any earphones or headset windows thinks the earpiece or speakers are the microphones which accounts for the bad audio quality. Now is the question of why in hell does windows think the speakers are microphones New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... :)

Any help is appreciated!

domw0401, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ninja4 Win User

New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

Windows 10 treating microphone as speakers

I have a CAD u1 usb microphone that worked fine for months on my machine. Suddenly it is being treated as "speakers" by Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, anything I could think of. Every time I plug it back in,
    it's listed as "C-Media USB Sound Device" with the Speakers label in Output Devices.

I can't find any drivers at all from the manufacturer website.

Ninja4, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone...

1. New headset/headphones are being treated as "Speakers" by Windows 10 - and the microphone... - Similar Threads - headset headphones are

2. Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones: Using JBL 750BTNC headset with Windows Bluetooth works well on other devices both for output headphones and input mic built into headphonesUntil about a week ago this headset worked well with the PC via bluetoothStopped working in the middle of a Teams call - I...
  3. Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones: Using JBL 750BTNC headset with Windows Bluetooth works well on other devices both for output headphones and input mic built into headphonesUntil about a week ago this headset worked well with the PC via bluetoothStopped working in the middle of a Teams call - I...
  4. Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Treating my headphones as my speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Treating my headphones as my speakers: My headphones connected on top with mic and audio port just started being paired with my speakers in the same output speakers connected on the back. I have looked in the Realtek HD and it sees the connection in the back and the connection on the top. When I click on the...
  6. Treating my headphones as my speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Treating my headphones as my speakers: My headphones connected on top with mic and audio port just started being paired with my speakers in the same output speakers connected on the back. I have looked in the Realtek HD and it sees the connection in the back and the connection on the top. When I click on the...
  7. Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.: Hi , I have a problem with my laptop and i hope someone could help :Here i have a ASUS TUF FX505G Model.29May 2021Sound problem started to appear on my laptop. But i manage to fix it by update driver. And I notice there are 4 Drivers under "sound , video and game controller"...
  8. Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers: 6 months ago i bought a microphone off amazon . Everything was going perfectly fine until one day my pc just decided to detect my microphone as headphones/speakers . I've tried EVERYTHING . The issue is not the microphone itself . I've tried using another microphone but...
  9. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  10. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speakers treated as microphone in device manager

2. windows treating headset like headphones\

3. headphones are treated as speakers

4. windows 10 headphones being treated as microphone,
  5. headphones treated as speakers