Windows 10: New headset mic isn't being detected?

Discus and support New headset mic isn't being detected? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had gotten a new headset more specifically, Razer Kraken 7.1 a couple days ago and while I can hear things perfectly through them, whenever I talk,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leslieh_, Dec 9, 2020.

1. leslieh_ Win User

New headset mic isn't being detected?

I had gotten a new headset more specifically, Razer Kraken 7.1 a couple days ago and while I can hear things perfectly through them, whenever I talk, the sound goes through my laptops Acer Aspire 5 Slim microphone and not the headsets. The mic is out and not muted on the actual headset. When I look at the sounds settings, I cannot see my headset mic being an option to change to. New headset mic isn't being detected? 29e07e1d-a3ae-48c9-8194-2e429ff1a5ef?upload=true.png

I'm not sure if its not detecting the headset as a whole or just the mic. Any help would be great^

:)

leslieh_, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Dec 9, 2020
  3. xoxoreem Win User
    Headset mic

Someone please help me my laptop won't detect my headset mic. It detects the headset but I can't hear anything from it and if I speak into the mic it just uses the laptop mic instead of the headset mic. (I don't know if this is important but my headset
    is an astro a10 wired)

xoxoreem, Dec 9, 2020
  4. New headset mic isn't being detected?

Headset Mics not detected

Hi Zach,

This issue may have been caused by an outdated driver.

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the headset detected under Device manager?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Updating your audio jack driver can help. To update driver in Windows 10, refer to this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

New headset mic isn't being detected?

1. New headset mic isn't being detected? - Similar Threads - headset mic isn't

2. My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.: I have been trying to troubleshoot my headset mic for a while now and nothing is working. The main issue is that my laptop Windows 11 isn't detecting my headset mic, it keeps detecting "Microphone Array" which is the microphone on my laptop not my headset. How I know is by...
  3. My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.: I have been trying to troubleshoot my headset mic for a while now and nothing is working. The main issue is that my laptop Windows 11 isn't detecting my headset mic, it keeps detecting "Microphone Array" which is the microphone on my laptop not my headset. How I know is by...
  4. Headsets are not being detected.

Headsets are not being detected.: My Headsets are not being detected by my laptop. Though the headsets are working normally everywhere else. Also they start working once i restart my laptop plugging in my headsets. Kindly help?...
  5. HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound: So when I plug in my gaming headset with a mic into the jack the jack is mic and headset together on my windows 11 computer and it does not detect the mic or the headset in Sounds. So now when I plug it in, I can only use the speakers from the computer and the mic in my...
  6. HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound

HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound: So when I plug in my gaming headset with a mic into the jack the jack is mic and headset together on my windows 11 computer and it does not detect the mic or the headset in Sounds. So now when I plug it in, I can only use the speakers from the computer and the mic in my...
  7. Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11: I recently bought a 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic', while its working on my phone and consoles, it is not working on my laptop. I have updated my drivers, ran troubleshoots but the troubleshoot always just says that "the microphone is...
  8. Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11

Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11: I recently bought a 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic', while its working on my phone and consoles, it is not working on my laptop. I have updated my drivers, ran troubleshoots but the troubleshoot always just says that "the microphone is...
  9. Headset/Headphone mic not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset/Headphone mic not being detected: Hi, I have had this problem for a while: When I plug in my headphone my laptop never detects it as a headphone in fact, doesn't detect it at all, but the sound works just fine, and the mic does not. I've tried using two different functional headphones but both have the same...
  10. Mic's Not Being detected on headsets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic's Not Being detected on headsets: Hi,So Basically the problem is when i plug a headset in it Asks what is plugged in fine, i choose headset but it doesn't add any mic to my recordings tab all I have is Mic Array And Stereo MIX. I've looked at nearly every video and webpage about this but they all tell me to...