Windows 10: new here - can't get chrome to come up in white

Discus and support new here - can't get chrome to come up in white in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I'm Bev, been reading for a while but just today decided to post since I'm having a problem . I redid windows 10 last night and finished up this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sidycat411, Jan 6, 2020.

1. new here - can't get chrome to come up in white

Hi I'm Bev, been reading for a while but just today decided to post since I'm having a problem . I redid windows 10 last night and finished up this morning but I can't get chrome to come up in white. I was messing around with the colors trying to get it back to what I had before I did the redo but can't seem to get rid of the black chrome page. I did change the settings in chrome in advanced settings I unchecked the hardware acceleration tab but that didn't get rid of it. I pretty much have the tiles the color I want but chrome is the problem. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

:)

sidycat411, Jan 6, 2020
  2. TewttewT Win User

Google Chrome stuck on white screen

The issue seems to be hardware acceleration. At least in my case it was. I solved my problem by performing the steps below.

• Right click chrome shortcut and go to properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab and run it in compatibility mode for Vista.
    • Open chrome then go to Settings>Advanced then under the
      System
      heading there is an option to disable hardware acceleration.
    After performing those steps you can stop using compatibility mode for vista.

Hopefully this works for you!

TewttewT, Jan 7, 2020
  3. lindalouk Win User
    Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen

Not exactly sure how to word this. When I go to Chrome, this is what I see, from top to bottom:

1. Tabs at very top.
    2. Address bar.
    3. Below address bar, huge amount of white space, then a line.
    4. Content.
    The huge white space takes up precious screen space. I want to get rid of it. At one point, Chrome/Google had some stuff there, which I deleted. But I cannot find a way to remove the white space. This wasn't there when I was running Windows 7 two weeks ago.
    Now I am running Windows 10.

Thanks.

lindalouk, Jan 7, 2020
  4. new here - can't get chrome to come up in white

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

new here - can't get chrome to come up in white

1. new here - can't get chrome to come up in white - Similar Threads - here can't chrome

2. Chrome stuck on white screen at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome stuck on white screen at start up: Hello,My google chrome is stuck on a white screen at start up, and I am at my wits ends on how to fix it. I have done lots of reading online, and none of the fixes have worked. These include but are not limited to:Running the short cut in compatibility mode and as an...
  3. Chrome stuck on white screen at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome stuck on white screen at start up: Hello,My google chrome is stuck on a white screen at start up, and I am at my wits ends on how to fix it. I have done lots of reading online, and none of the fixes have worked. These include but are not limited to:Running the short cut in compatibility mode and as an...
  4. Chrome stuck on white screen at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. White Box Comes Up in Corner of Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Box Comes Up in Corner of Desktop: There is a white box that pops up in the bottom right corner of my screen that remains in the forefront and will not go away. It is blocking my access to that part of my screen. I have restarted my laptop several times and it will pop up again after a few minutes. I've check...
  6. White Box Comes Up in Corner of Desktop

White Box Comes Up in Corner of Desktop: There is a white box that pops up in the bottom right corner of my screen that remains in the forefront and will not go away. It is blocking my access to that part of my screen. I have restarted my laptop several times and it will pop up again after a few minutes. I've check...
  7. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  8. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  9. Video clips only come up in black and white.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video clips only come up in black and white.: When I see an image on my laptop, it is in color. When I click on the image to see the video clip, all I get is the clip in black and white. How do I solve this problem?...
  10. microsoft windows - can't get photos to come up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft windows - can't get photos to come up: Solution for all non-geeks like me - Use Yahoo in lieu of Microsoft - photos are about the same anyway... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-cant-get-photos-to-come-up/2c4eddd1-49f3-438f-8d45-06bb8ef67d62