Windows 10: New home network wish to change access from everyone to individual

Discus and support New home network wish to change access from everyone to individual in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all I've setup a home network with my Desktop PC (It did have a redundant network with old laptop a couple of years back) and new laptop both Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sandy55, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Sandy55 Win User

New home network wish to change access from everyone to individual

Hi all I've setup a home network with my Desktop PC (It did have a redundant network with old laptop a couple of years back) and new laptop both Win 10. it all works ok but I would like to change share permissions from Everyone to just the other (one) computer. I have tried to find each computer but I am not able to. I have tried to under "Network Access" add the name also I have tried ip address from ipv4 but no good but I might not have the syntax correct. I tried \\ip address\ and \\ip address\computer name\ Maybe I need to put in a user name and password but I have under Sharing options/All Networks selected "Turn off password protected sharing"
    Thanks in advance for any input to this.

:)

Sandy55, Sep 25, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 25, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. New home network wish to change access from everyone to individual

Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

New home network wish to change access from everyone to individual

1. New home network wish to change access from everyone to individual - Similar Threads - home network wish

2. Losing Home Network Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing Home Network Access: I have a new 2 months old HP PC running Win 11 and I have a home network. All of my other computers and Android phone cannot see the HP PC, every so often maybe once every 4 days. The HP PC never loses internet access but just can't be seen on the home network. None of my...
  3. Losing Home Network Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing Home Network Access: I have a new 2 months old HP PC running Win 11 and I have a home network. All of my other computers and Android phone cannot see the HP PC, every so often maybe once every 4 days. The HP PC never loses internet access but just can't be seen on the home network. None of my...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  6. Home Network Access and Permission

Home Network Access and Permission: I justpurchase a Dell Inspiron 6706 Laptop but have problem getting access to othercomputers on my Home network. On thatHome Network I also have a Dell XPX 8930 and a HP Laptop. All three machinesare running on Windows 10 latest version 10.0.1942 Build 1942. The issue:...
  7. cannot access new computer on home network

cannot access new computer on home network: I have a home LAN with three Windows 10 PCs that are sharing files & folders among themselves with no problem - I just click their PC name under Network in File Explorer. Problem is, I just set up a new Win 10 PC but when I click on that new PC's name under Network in File...
  8. New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access)

New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access): I just bought a new/replacement modem-router this past week (Netgear N600 - C3700), and love it. I decided to also set up a private home network between my two desktop computers. I've always wanted to do this with my previous router, but just never did. I also connected an...
  9. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network: So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We cant activate windows on your device because you not connected to your organizations network. But I'm not part of an...
  10. Change from business PC network to home PC network

Change from business PC network to home PC network: How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect....