Windows 10: new hotmail

Discus and support new hotmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Please could someone explain in plain english how do i set up a new "hotmail account " mine old one do not work and i have been trying to set up a new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by keithy333, Sep 18, 2016.

1. keithy333 Win User

new hotmail

Please could someone explain in plain english how do i set up a new "hotmail account " mine old one do not work and i have been trying to set up a new one but all this jargon does not help a poor old man, i had hotmail for 10 years but i not get it now it say something about delta sync i mean what the hell is that , so if a kind person could guide me step by step thank you

:)

keithy333, Sep 18, 2016

2. New to Hotmail

What photo are you referring to? You need to provide a better explanation of what you want to do before anyone can help you out.

Julie fka profjulie, Sep 18, 2016
  3. New to Hotmail

how do I upload my photo from my phone to my hotmail account?

EdwardSpottedfeather, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

new hotmail

Basically, hotmail.....it no longer exists...rather, it's been converted to "livemail" which now is being converted to "outlook.com" mail. You can thank MS for this.

All you need to do is set up an "outlook.com" email. This is a web-based service which means you don't need an email client (software/program) to read/open emails....you use it in any browser...ie, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE. Use this link to create and setup your outlook.com email account. Just click the "sign up" tab.

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Plankton, Sep 18, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    What email client are you using? You can do as Plankton said, or set the outlook account up as IMAP and it should work.

essenbe, Sep 18, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

new hotmail

1. new hotmail - Similar Threads - hotmail

2. Hotmail Hacked and now Win10 account inaccessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail Hacked and now Win10 account inaccessible: So, my hotmail account was hacked! How do i know this for sure? Because the recovery email selection is not a domain i have EVER used. I have tried RELENTLESSLY and NUMEROUS times to get into the hotmail account and fix it. The microsoft automated service refuses to...
  3. . how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being accessed and blocked?

. how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being accessed and blocked?: I keep getting msg saying attempt to sign into Gmail failed. How do I stop it. Someone changed my password to my account and my recovery account is hotmail. how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being blocked? Google sent me a link to reset password but I'm...
  4. Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails: Hi, All was fine up until a week or so ago. I am now unable to add any attachments to my emails in Hotmail. I have set up a gmail account just to see if that would work and it did - I was able to send an email with an attachment with no problem. So it would seem to be...
  5. MS Hotmail ID mandatorily asked for Chat now appearing along with MS User Picture in Login Page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MS Hotmail ID mandatorily asked for Chat now appearing along with MS User Picture in Login Page: What has Microsoft Hotmail ID and Microsoft User Picture got anything to do with my Login Page Why are both appearing in Login Page and My Info in my Local Account. I haven't used my Microsoft Account for Login. It is a local account....
  6. Hotmail upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotmail upgrade: I do not want to upgrade my hotmail to premium. However since they posted on my hotmail that I could do that, they've placed an ad over top of my file area so I cannot see my files. How to I clear that ad? I do NOT want to upgrade to premium. Thank you Marilyn Miller 3...
  7. ny Hotmail account has been hacked with a virus

ny Hotmail account has been hacked with a virus: About a week ago my hotmail account was havked with a virus. The email i had to varify my account no loger exists - they daid it will take 30 days to verify a new email address therefor i ant change my passwprd untill then. The cirus sends out emails every two days- i need to...
  8. the envelope on window10 still goes to hotmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    the envelope on window10 still goes to hotmail: the envelope icon on the bottom of windows 10 screen still goes to Hotmail when you press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-envelope-on-window10-still-goes-to-hotmail/27796dd4-7d5d-4ea9-9e79-631a064aef38
  9. scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scan to email setup failed with hotmail server: I need to setup scan to email scanning on Canon MF628cW all-in-one printer using hotmail server. Based on instructions in manual and YouTube videos, I tried the following setting combinations. SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com or smtp.live.com E-mail Address: (my hotmail...
  10. Unable to receive verification to update security info for Hotmail account

Unable to receive verification to update security info for Hotmail account: This is very frustrating. I have received a notification to my registered phone number that a modification has been made to my security information, (which by the way takes one month to properly action) indicating that your system knows about my mobile number, but you are...