Windows 10: New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition

Discus and support New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP all in one desktop. Went to use it on the second day and it says it needs a Windows Hello needs a pin. Asked for password. Not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Michele16164, Jan 8, 2020.

1. New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition

I have a brand new HP all in one desktop. Went to use it on the second day and it says it needs a Windows Hello needs a pin. Asked for password. Not sure if I set up face recognition the night before but its not recognising that. I changed my Microsoft password 3 times and it keeps saying incorrect. I can not get into this computer!

:)

Michele16164, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Jan 8, 2020
  4. RLAR Win User

New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

RLAR, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition

1. New HP computer not recognising any passwords or face recognition - Similar Threads - computer recognising passwords

2. Face Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face Recognition: Hi Talita,I carried out the operations you requested as above. The first ran ok the next two reported Error 87 option unknown. I did check my typed command string twice to make sure it was correct. Would you please check the second and third Cmd string to confirm they are...
  3. FACE RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FACE RECOGNITION: Face recognition has stopped working. Video /pic camera box opens but nothing happens. No button/option to reset...any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognition/b205fce5-d559-46f6-b418-2bd423e9dd57
  4. face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    face recognition: Dear friends,I changed windows user account and now i am using new one.Also i want to add face recognition on that but it is saying that my face recognition is used on other account.That old account i dont remember.Please suggest what to do...
  5. Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Face Recognition: After the last Window update my facial recognition is not working when I log on. I tested the camera and that works but the facial recognition is not working. What do I need to do to fix this?Jason...
  6. face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face recognition: my system is showing that it isn't compatible with face recognition.my system is intel core i5 7th generation * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  7. Face recognition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Face recognition: Hi. Photo in Windows 10 seems to recognise a few face pictures but how make it more efficient. Is there an option I should know or use ? Thanks for helping submitted by /u/ericbernatchez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuhe04/face_recognition/
  8. Face Recognition

Face Recognition: My Windows Hello stopped working suddenly. I tried to set it up again but it will not let me take a picture in the Windows Hello setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognition/f308752c-e208-47ef-bd05-b0a7467ae950
  9. Face Recognition

Face Recognition: I have a surface pro used by my husband and myself. As I clicked on my account to sign in, my 2yo daughter was standing infront of the screen while I was standing. To my surprise, the laptop signed in using my daughter’s face. And I tried it so many times. Is this normal?...
  10. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...