Windows 10: New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

Discus and support New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried all the info at Microsoft help. Nothing works. Sad state of affairs at Microsoft to cause this simple problem with USB ports connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HariHariHV, Sep 27, 2019.

1. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

Tried all the info at Microsoft help. Nothing works. Sad state of affairs at Microsoft to cause this simple problem with USB ports connection to download photos from a camera. Is there a fix? The older version of windows did not have this problem.

:)

HariHariHV, Sep 27, 2019

2. download pictures or anything with my camera USB PORT ERRORS

Hi John,

To take a closer look, can you send a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to connect the camera to the computer? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Are you able to connect the camera to another computer? Have you tried checking
    all your USB ports? What about using a different cable to connect the camera to the USB port?

In the meantime, I suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.
    You may refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem or fix the issue, try reinstalling your USB drivers.

1. Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    4. Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    5. Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 27, 2019
  3. userafw Win User
    Connecting my Canon Rebel camera to a UBS port?

Look closely at the USB connector on your camera. There are several different possible types of USB connectors. The most common are micro USB, and mini USB. More info on USB connection types here: USB and USB Micro/Mini Cable Connector Guide | C2G The
    next step is to get a USB connector cable that is compatible with the type of USB port you have on your camera. The support site for Canon (listed in the above reply) may have more detailed instructions for you, including possibly an online instruction manual,
    which will also indicate the location of the USB port on the camera.

userafw, Sep 27, 2019
  4. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

1. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load... - Similar Threads - computor does allow

2. Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable: Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable after computor Windoes SW update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-computor-does-not-connect-to-epson/c856e5cf-6f33-4f60-8de6-99d7d2d4993a
  3. Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable: Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable after computor Windoes SW update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-computor-does-not-connect-to-epson/c856e5cf-6f33-4f60-8de6-99d7d2d4993a
  4. Windows 10 computor does not connect to Epson perfection V550 Photo using USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Shut down message to USB port: I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help...
  6. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shut down message to USB port: I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help...
  7. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor.

Usb ports not showing anywhere on my computor.: I bought a new multi usb after the previous one stopped working. My problem is that the new one doesn't show in explorer or anywhere, even if I 'm using the usb on its own, I can't see my usb drives anywhere, but they are working.Printer, mouse etc. It's a bit annoying...
  9. usb camera connection

usb camera connection: I tried ti connect a usb camera in my laptop but it is not working , how to connect my camera or if there any extra software or something need please give me a advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera-connection/d2da9fc5-f6c0-4182-ae9c-6b7be2950ca5
  10. Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10: How do I change the boot device to USB port to load new Windows 10 on desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-boot-device-to-usb-port-to-load-new/772fee93-21be-47ed-bf08-f45bc06ac5ff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open usb port on this computor