Windows 10: New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

Discus and support New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried all the info at Microsoft help. Nothing works. Sad state of affairs at Microsoft to cause this simple problem with USB ports connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HariHariHV, Sep 27, 2019.

1. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

Tried all the info at Microsoft help. Nothing works. Sad state of affairs at Microsoft to cause this simple problem with USB ports connection to download photos from a camera. Is there a fix? The older version of windows did not have this problem.

:)

HariHariHV, Sep 27, 2019

2. download pictures or anything with my camera USB PORT ERRORS

Hi John,

To take a closer look, can you send a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to connect the camera to the computer? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Are you able to connect the camera to another computer? Have you tried checking
    all your USB ports? What about using a different cable to connect the camera to the USB port?

In the meantime, I suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.
    You may refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem or fix the issue, try reinstalling your USB drivers.

1. Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    4. Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    5. Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 27, 2019
  3. userafw Win User
    Connecting my Canon Rebel camera to a UBS port?

Look closely at the USB connector on your camera. There are several different possible types of USB connectors. The most common are micro USB, and mini USB. More info on USB connection types here: USB and USB Micro/Mini Cable Connector Guide | C2G The
    next step is to get a USB connector cable that is compatible with the type of USB port you have on your camera. The support site for Canon (listed in the above reply) may have more detailed instructions for you, including possibly an online instruction manual,
    which will also indicate the location of the USB port on the camera.

userafw, Sep 27, 2019
  4. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load...

1. New HP computor with Windows 10 does not allow USB port connection to a camera to down load... - Similar Threads - computor does allow

2. Need to know if my Computor has a Camera?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to know if my Computor has a Camera?: How will I found out if my computer has a camera? I did check the Control Panel and I see no camera anyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-know-if-my-computor-has-a-camera/86f62105-017f-4831-82ad-fbcb531177fc
  3. hp camera

hp camera: How do I take a photo to upload document - please anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-camera/5d4b87e0-8622-443d-ad2b-b233d73566b3
  4. Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10: How do I change the boot device to USB port to load new Windows 10 on desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-boot-device-to-usb-port-to-load-new/772fee93-21be-47ed-bf08-f45bc06ac5ff
  5. 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does: Hello, I have brought HP pavilion power 15 laptop. My msi DS502 headset is not detected by the 2 usb ports while it works perfectly fine in the 3rd one. Moreover, it receives the power from these 2 ports as the LED on the headset turns on when i plug it in these 2 ports. My...
  6. one of usb ports die before windows load

one of usb ports die before windows load: hi I have problem with one of my usb ports it work well on boot menu and before windows load other ports are fine this happened after one of my usb was in that port for about 5 day after that usb died . there is no sign of physical damage ....
  7. USB ports on my HP Envy

USB ports on my HP Envy: how can I tell which of the 3 ports are 3.0 and 2.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-my-hp-envy/41de5231-f2c3-4c0e-9ca1-e05404265afc
  8. physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

physical serial ports (Not USB connected): My tower has two physical (old school) serial ports which I need to use for a Kenwood CAT radio interface (TS-850) and a RigBlaster PRO soundcard digital interface at the same time. I have tried everything that google has found for me without any luck. I have tried 2 USB to...
  9. Some USB port does not recognise drive

Some USB port does not recognise drive: I have a WD Passport 1TB drive, on two my pc's USB 3 ports, it just won't get recognised. Once the cable is plugged in, the power light on the drive lights ON , not blinking, and nothing else happens. Any idea to fix or diagnose this. The USB ports otherwise seems to work...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers: Hi On previous versions of Windows you could put an IP address : portnumber i.e. 192.168.0.1:1234 Now in Windows 10 it says the : character is an illegal character so how do I define the port number to connect to for a remote desktop connection?? 17740