Windows 10: New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

Discus and support New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Irving Leyesa, Mar 15, 2019.

1. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair

:)

Irving Leyesa, Mar 15, 2019

2. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi. Thank you for your response. I tried both Method 1 and 2 below and neither has solved my problem. Although I have changed screen saver settings to 30 minutes and not to show log-in screen after lock, 1 hour sleep on battery, 2 hour sleep when plugged
    in, my computer continues to go to the sign on screen when inactive for less than 5 minutes. I cannot stress how annoying it is to try to work with the screen constantly going to sleep/sign on screen and entering password or pin a million times.

My computer information:

2017 HP Notebook Laptop – E19GL9DI

Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.590

Please send me steps to stop Windows 10, so that the screen saver settings that I have made, are actually how my laptop and software performs. I look forward to hearing your response soon.

Tracey Clark

TraceyClark2, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro fro Workstatins (64bit) 1709 16299.248 auto lock screen 1 minute

Hi,

My brand new laptop is going to lock screen after 1 minute inacivity.

I have tried:

- power managment settings

- screen saver settings

- lock screen settings

After these steps I was going to hardcore as:

- registry manipulating (screen saver, inactivity timer, powerscheme, etc.)

- group policy settings (auto lock, timers, etc.)

I thought I am a professional expert, however until today. My laptop is going to lock screen always.

I hope anyone can help

regards,

an unexpert New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity :)

microsoft user 816, Mar 15, 2019
  4. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of
    inactivity.

This is a huge problem and none of the online recommendations have worked, I have tried them all. This problem is causing me a huge lack of productivity and frustration and I can't find a fix or a way to troubleshoot this issue from Microsoft that is more
    recent than 2016.

I am seriously considering selling my new HP laptop and getting a Mac, this is insane. I would appreciate a response and instructions on how to fix this annoying system problem.

Thank you.

***Original title: Power Save Mode Not Working - Screen Saver Begins within 1 minute of non-activity***

TraceyClark2, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

1. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity - Similar Threads - laptop locks screen

2. lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity: So this issue has become increasing frustrating for our end users. After no apparent changes were made random users started reporting that the computer they use would go into screen saver then lock. We have a group policy enabled that keeps the screen saver turned off. We've...
  3. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity: I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity. This...
  4. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  5. Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity: Firstly - I do not know if this is a BSOD problem so apologies if I've posted incorrectly and please move my post in that case. I'm assuming it might be BSODs because sometimes we get a blue screen with unsmiley face (nothing like the data dumps that I used to see years ago),...
  6. 1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot: I have been trying to resolve this issue for some 18 months. I have a HP Pavilion G6 Notebook AMD Processor, inbuilt Radeon HD 7200 graphics card. The problem is that when booting, after the win 10 logo appears and the circular dots are rotating, the system presents a black...
  7. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?: I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really annoying and I'd really like to disable it because I use my computer to draw a lot. Please help... 56894
  8. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...
  9. Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity: After upgrading my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10 last week. My laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 mins of inactivity. Yes, it's sleep, not just turning the monitor off. I already set my power management setting to "never" turn off screen or sleep. If I encountered this...
  10. Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

Laptop unresponsive after inactivity: I recently replaced my HDD (I was getting BSOD errors, etc.) Computer runs great now, except every now and then, when I come back after it's been sitting for 15-20 minutes (sometimes as much as several hours), the screen is black, and I can't wake it up. The only way to...