Windows 10: New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please!

Discus and support New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Have just got and set up a new Windows laptop and copied everyyhing from my old Acer and all ok except for tyhe taskbar at bottom of screen, On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Aug 20, 2021.

1. moggie Win User

New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please!

Hello Have just got and set up a new Windows laptop and copied everyyhing from my old Acer and all ok except for tyhe taskbar at bottom of screen, On my old laptop I had a language icon in the taskbar which showed EN and when I wanted to type in Greek I toggled it to EL There is no way I can get this now! I have tried everything the 'experts' said but all I can do is to hold down the Windows and the space bar together and both languages appear on the desktop and I can alter the ,languages that way - no prpblems really but.... I have gone into Languages - keyboard and highlighted the show in taskbar and ticked the box below to show icon.There is then an advanced option which shows both English and Greek highlited with the word 'none' beside them. If, I rt click in the taskbar there is a list of icons which include clock, sound, etc but no mention of languages! What am I missing? It shows on the old Acer and going through the sequences on the old laptop it shows the same! Thanks everyone

:)

moggie, Aug 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 20, 2021
  3. SunnyK Win User
    New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Aug 20, 2021
  4. New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please!

Suggest new laptop/notebook

I haven't seen laptop from Xiaomi.. are they good? Which model?

I liked hp pavilion 360x series..suggest similar in other good brands..

I don't know why everyone hates hp so much? I have used 3 laptops from hp in last 10 yrs..latest is hp envy 17 3d , 4.5 yrs till now, first time encountered hardware problem now, that got fixed too with routine service...might need to replace fan later. But no major issue till now.. working like new even now

freebird_9924, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please!

1. New HP Laptop set up = Taskbar. Help Please! - Similar Threads - Laptop set Taskbar

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  4. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  5. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. setting up new laptop

setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  8. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  9. Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Up Network on new HP Laptop: When I try to network between two computers, I get a message saying I don't have permission to access the other computer where I am also the Administrator. What do I need to do?...
  10. Set up - new (HP) laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up - new (HP) laptop: I have started to set up my new laptop but am now stuck on the 'verify your identity' page. I have not used my Microsoft account fo ages and had forgotten my password. I asked for a security code to be sent to my phone. It did not arrive. The screen now shows the message:...