Windows 10: New HP laptop with activated Win 10 Pro lost activation

Discus and support New HP laptop with activated Win 10 Pro lost activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My daughter got a new laptop, with Windows 10 Pro activated on it, it booted with an account named after the model of the laptop (Zbook 15). Assuming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JuliusBT, Nov 9, 2018.

1. JuliusBT Win User

New HP laptop with activated Win 10 Pro lost activation

My daughter got a new laptop, with Windows 10 Pro activated on it, it booted with an account named after the model of the laptop (Zbook 15). Assuming to use that as the Admin account I decided to create a user account for her. Not bound with a Microsoft account, because she's too young to have one and I will admin this laptop for her most of the time. Now, within her account, it suddenly asks for activation when she wants to change the color theme? WTH?

Since when are activations local user bound? Or let me rephrase that:

How do I activate Win 10 for *all* local users of this OS ?

:)

JuliusBT, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Endre_am Win User

Putting SSD with activated Win 10 pro from an old laptop to a new one

Hello

My Lenovo G570 laptop monitor has been damaged beyond repair. I can use the laptop monitor for limited work, so repairing would cost more than a second hand laptop. So I wish to buy a used laptop and to insert my SSD with activated Win 10 pro from the
    old (Lenovo G570) laptop into the new one. To repeat, Win 10pro OS was activated in the old (Lenovo G570) laptop, so I would place the SSD with the activated Win 10 pro from the old to a new laptop.

My question is:

After putting my SSD with activated Win 10 pro from the old (Lenovo G570) to a new laptop, would my activated Win 10 pro from the old laptop work in the new laptop? That is, will I lose the valid license for Win 10 pro if
    I swap the Win 10 pro with SSD between the laptops?

Regards

Endre

Endre_am, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Can't activate Windows 10 pro on brand new laptop

You may not understand the Win 10 activation is kept online using an electronic key. An upgrade install is good for one machine only unless you purchased a Win 10 key.

Your new laptop came with Win 10 Home, so it has a license for that OS. Unless your Win 10 Pro has it own license key, you will need to upgrade the machine to Win 10 Pro first to allow it to set the Electronic key for that version.

The old machine should still have its original Win 10 activation.

Saltgrass, Nov 9, 2018
  4. becool773 Win User

Using Win 10 laptop key to activate on Pc

Hi,

My friend got a HP laptop, Win 10 Home edition was preinstalled in it. His lappy got lost so that is why he wanted to make that version unsuable as the the same HP laptop with ubuntu was priced at Rs. 8000/- less. He cannot recover the 40000/- that he spent
    on the lappy but he wanted to save those 8000/- He had saved the activation key of the Windows 10 version installed in his laptop. Is there any way that he can use the same key to activate Windows 10 in his new pc or laptop?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

becool773, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. New HP laptop with activated Win 10 Pro lost activation - Similar Threads - laptop activated Pro

2. activation win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation win 10 pro: scenario: Laptop 1 has win 8, I buy a Win 10 Licence full from the windows store. Laptop 1 is Win 10 pro activated. 6 months later I buy Laptop 2, it has Win 10 home, I want to transfer my pro licence on it. on Laptop 1 I deactivate the licence by entering "slmgr.vbs...
  3. Activating 10 pro on a new laptop

Activating 10 pro on a new laptop: I have windows 10 pro on my old laptop and a digital key. When activating on my new laptop it only gives me 10 home. Please advise how I can fix this? Thanks,...
  4. ACTIVATION OF WIN 10 PRO

ACTIVATION OF WIN 10 PRO: last year i have purchase hp notebook with preinstalled win 10. last week it shows that activate windows. trying to activate it but unable to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-win-10-pro/a8a22451-41d8-4a99-8452-29664424baf2
  5. ACTIVE WIN 10 PRO

ACTIVE WIN 10 PRO: I HAVE KEY FOR ACTIVATE BUT WHEN I PUT THE KEY I HAD A problem IT SHWOS ME THIS ERROR 0x803F7001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-win-10-pro/e309a973-59ff-4cd7-aafc-22afc8e8042f
  6. Win 10 Pro Activation

Win 10 Pro Activation: Bought new computer with Win 10 Pro OEM pre installed. Win 10 will not activate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-activation/5c860943-7d13-440c-8c67-e3c76d193819
  7. Win 10 pro activation

Win 10 pro activation: Hello, can i activate Win 10 i just downloaded from microsoft site, with a Win 10 pro activation key? I lost the original win 10 pro that came with device but saved the key...
  8. Win 10 pro activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 pro activation: Hi. Simple question. Can I use the product key from a recently purchased version of win 10 pro to activate an already installed but needing activation version of Win 10 pro or do I have to install the new copy to use the new key? Thanks...
  9. Activation Win. 10 Pro

Activation Win. 10 Pro: I bought my brand new "hp" laptop in August with a licenced and activated Win 10 Pro,now it wants from me to activate it again,but i don´t have the activation code ,because the seller haven˙t gave me anything in that maner ,or even told me that i will need such a thing.So...
  10. Win 10 pro activation

Win 10 pro activation: [img] I upgraded from home to pro in June by purchasing from MS Store. Today the above message appeared on my screen. I don't recall activating it but as far as I remember, I never saw a code to enter or a place to enter it. Apparently the present code is left over from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where can I find my digital windows 10 code