Windows 10: New HP Win10 laptop cursor randomly jumps around and deletes text

Discus and support New HP Win10 laptop cursor randomly jumps around and deletes text in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had my HP laptop for just under a year and have had this issue since purchase. While typing, regardless of whether it is a Word document, email,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BaF1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. BaF1 Win User

New HP Win10 laptop cursor randomly jumps around and deletes text

I have had my HP laptop for just under a year and have had this issue since purchase. While typing, regardless of whether it is a Word document, email, or surfing, the cursor will randomly jump around, delete text, and sometimes emails will send when I am nowhere near the "send" button. It is insanely frustrating and I have had to re-do work several times because of this issue. I have read dozens of articles on the Internet, specifically on the HP forums and Microsoft site and have tried a number of things that have not worked as of yet. As we speak, I am running a BIOS update in the hopes that will resolve the issue as I am definitely not the only one who has experienced this. I have updated the touchpad drivers, lowered the sensitivity of the mouse/pointer, and unchecked the recommended box, "hide pointer while typing", in the settings but so far nothing has worked yet. I do not use an external mouse and keyboard nor do I want to as that defeats the purpose of having a laptop to start with. I only use the touchpad that is built in. Does anyone else still have this same issue or did anyone figure out how to fix this?

:)

2. Jim Reib Win User

Cursor Jumps to upper right on HP Laptop

I have a fairly new HP Laptop. The cursor continually jumps to the upper right. Doesn't matter if I am using a mouse or touchpad. Very frustrating. Anyone have a solution?

Jim Reib, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Nov 24, 2018
  4. New HP Win10 laptop cursor randomly jumps around and deletes text

Jumping cursor

Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing.

ChrisThomas58, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

New HP Win10 laptop cursor randomly jumps around and deletes text

1. New HP Win10 laptop cursor randomly jumps around and deletes text - Similar Threads - Win10 laptop cursor

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  5. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  6. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location: Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner. This issue has been observed almost across all...
  8. cursor randomly jumps around screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor randomly jumps around screen: Hi. I am running Windows 10 subscription. I have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Over the last week or so my cursor started jumping around on my screen. At first it constantly seemed to jump to the left bottom corner. I thought it was the mouse and went through all sorts of...
  9. Random Cursor Jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Cursor Jumping: I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS 13 7390 that has Windows 10 Home. It has been a great device thus far until the cursor became sporadic. It has a mind of its own loving to jump mainly within the same line but also throughout other lines. It keeps getting worse and worse...
  10. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop pad deletes my text

2. hp laptop cursor sticks on taskbar and screen enlarges and jumps

3. hp laptop cursor when writing

4. new hp laptop jumps around,
  5. turn win10 laptop cursor jumping