Windows 10: New i7 9700k build - slow(ish) boot

Discus and support New i7 9700k build - slow(ish) boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've just completed a new build, and every boot sits on the motherboard's logo screen for about 20 seconds, (well, it feels that long!) which I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by b3nb123, Mar 5, 2019.

1. b3nb123 Win User

New i7 9700k build - slow(ish) boot

I've just completed a new build, and every boot sits on the motherboard's logo screen for about 20 seconds, (well, it feels that long!) which I know isn't long, but I feel a new PC like this should be sitting in Windows ready and waiting in a matter of seconds.

I've checked the install is using ACHI, and it appears it is (Device manager shows a STandard AHCI controller in the ATA/ATAPI Controllers heading)
    Anything I can check. I'm not saying it's unusable by any means, but I've seen someone else's new build boot in seconds, and I feel it's one of the party tricks of a new PC to boot in amazingly quick time!

It's using: i7 9700k, NVMe M.32 SSD, 32GB Ram, MSI z390 gaming edge motherboard

:)

b3nb123, Mar 5, 2019
  2. arisutan Win User

Intel - Core i7-9700K motherboard compatibility

Hi all, looking to upgrade my build to an Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor but basically every motherboard I plop into pcpartpicker seems to give me this error

• Some Intel B360/H310/Z370 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

Not really sure what to do or what motherboard to choose. I don't really want to spend a lot of money or do anything fancy, just something that works with my CPU is all I need. Even when I pick motherboards that pcpartpicker says are compatible, I get this message. I'm scared of buying the wrong one and destroying my parts lol. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

arisutan, Mar 5, 2019
  3. DrangPo Win User
    Intel - Core i7-9700K motherboard compatibility

What about top end motherboards that are compatible with i7-9700k cpu?

DrangPo, Mar 5, 2019
  4. New i7 9700k build - slow(ish) boot

BarbaricSoul, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

New i7 9700k build - slow(ish) boot

1. New i7 9700k build - slow(ish) boot - Similar Threads - 9700k build slow

2. asus mg28uq monitor with i7 9700k and rtx 3080 but i cannot get it to display in 4k.also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus mg28uq monitor with i7 9700k and rtx 3080 but i cannot get it to display in 4k.also...: i have a asus mg28uq monitor with a i7 9700k and a rtx 3080 and cannot get it to display in 4k.Also why does microsoft still use a 2006 generic display driver?...
  3. New-ish Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New-ish Update: The new update that takes away putting your password in to unlock your device, does anyone know how to change that part back???? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my lock screen back to a different password and keep my Windows password the same. Either change...
  4. New-ish Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New-ish Update: The new update that takes away putting your password in to unlock your device, does anyone know how to change that part back???? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my lock screen back to a different password and keep my Windows password the same. Either change...
  5. New-ish Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 100% CPU Usage constantly on brand new i7 9700K

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU Usage constantly on brand new i7 9700K: Hi there. In the past week my PC has developed the problem of 100% CPU usage constantly. Multiple applications and processes are trying to use the most CPU power, it's not just one. I have reinstalled windows and uninstalled display drivers to reinstall again in the hope of...
  7. Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...: Hello, I recently fitted an Adata SX8200Pro M.2 drive in my Dell Optiplex. The main C drive is a Liteon SSD. I’ve used Casper to create a bootable clone of the C to the M.2 (the E drive) and by changing the boot up order in the BIOS the Optiplex boots from the M.2 drive....
  8. Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...: Hello, I recently fitted an Adata SX8200Pro M.2 drive in my Dell Optiplex. The main C drive is a Liteon SSD. I’ve used Casper to create a bootable clone of the C to the M.2 (the E drive) and by changing the boot up order in the BIOS the Optiplex boots from the M.2 drive....
  9. Slow boot problem on Dell optiplex i7 3770

Slow boot problem on Dell optiplex i7 3770: i am having a weird problem, i have a desktop pc which is dell optiplex 9010 with i7 3770 and single 4gb ram slot and hitachi 7200rpm hdd. The problem is that my desktop pc takes minutes to boot. I have tried to boot the same windows from the same hardisk on my laptop and it...
  10. Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 Slow Boot Problem

Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 Slow Boot Problem: Hello dear friends, i have been tackling with a weird issue for upto a month now. i have bought dell optiplex 9010 with core i7 3770 processor with 4gb ram. i have run every diagnostic test, checked hdd health, checked ram, cpu temperature,updated bios...etc everything is...