Windows 10: New Icon for Calculator and Notepad

Discus and support New Icon for Calculator and Notepad in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The New Icons for windows apps were released a month backgot almost all of them in a few days, Truly to be debuted in v2004, only the new icons for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by User11123, May 31, 2020.

1. User11123 Win User

New Icon for Calculator and Notepad

The New Icons for windows apps were released a month backgot almost all of them in a few days, Truly to be debuted in v2004, only the new icons for calculator and notepad are missing, they still have the old icons, i can confirm all 6-8 windows 10 machines i know, running v2004 dont have the new icons. Also the MS Store version of Notepad is Currently for windows insiders as the minimum build requirement is 19541.0, the only stable build as of 05/31/2020 is 19041.246. So i get the new notepad icon doesnt show up but where is the new calculator icon?

:)

User11123, May 31, 2020
  2. Cds47 Win User

Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, May 31, 2020
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 31, 2020
  4. New Icon for Calculator and Notepad

Creating desktop icon for Notepad txt file

Many thanks for your reply. However I was able to resolve the problem by other means. It wasn't that I didn't see anything listed under the "Most Used" heading, it was just that I saw things that had crowded out "Notepad" and were things that I didn't need
    to see there. I discovered that I could right-click an item and choose "Don't show in this list". By deleting some of the items "Notepad" reappeared. I'm happy. But thanks again for your attention.

I found one thing curious - Notepad is not listed under the Start button. The only way I could get it is by typing "Notepad" into Search. I would think that this basic Windows app should listed just as Paint, Word, Calculator or Calendar are. Maybe I'm just
    too much of a dinosaur.

KeithCarley, May 31, 2020
Thema:

New Icon for Calculator and Notepad

1. New Icon for Calculator and Notepad - Similar Threads - Icon Calculator Notepad

2. New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar: Hi Team,I have clicked on "Try the new Teams/Outlook" and it did the upgrade but the icon not being visible on the task bar. It would still show when i move the cursor over it but it is not visible in general.This is the case of Notepad , MS paint too.Anyone else has the...
  3. New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar: Hi Team,I have clicked on "Try the new Teams/Outlook" and it did the upgrade but the icon not being visible on the task bar. It would still show when i move the cursor over it but it is not visible in general.This is the case of Notepad , MS paint too.Anyone else has the...
  4. App Icons not showing in taskbar Notepad, Calculator, new WhatsApp etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Icons not showing in taskbar Notepad, Calculator, new WhatsApp etc.: Following steps were taken;Restarting file explorer from task managerPerforming a DISM scanPerforming an SFC scanDeleting IconCache.db and restarting PCUpdating all applications from Microsoft StoreUninstalling recent windows updatesPerformed an anti-virus scanRebuilding the...
  5. App Icons not showing in taskbar Notepad, Calculator, new WhatsApp etc.

App Icons not showing in taskbar Notepad, Calculator, new WhatsApp etc.: Following steps were taken;Restarting file explorer from task managerPerforming a DISM scanPerforming an SFC scanDeleting IconCache.db and restarting PCUpdating all applications from Microsoft StoreUninstalling recent windows updatesPerformed an anti-virus scanRebuilding the...
  6. Calculator's wrong icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator's wrong icon: Both my Windows 10 and Windows 11 show a confusing icon of the calculator when I want to bring its window to the foreground by Alt-Tab.Can I do anything with this?https://i93.servimg.com/u/f93/20/17/28/23/wrong_10.pngP.S. Why I cannot upload any image here?...
  7. Calculator's wrong icon

Calculator's wrong icon: Both my Windows 10 and Windows 11 show a confusing icon of the calculator when I want to bring its window to the foreground by Alt-Tab.Can I do anything with this?https://i93.servimg.com/u/f93/20/17/28/23/wrong_10.pngP.S. Why I cannot upload any image here?...
  8. Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows: Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows. I tried installing from the app store but neither install button works across multiple browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox....
  9. Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows

Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows: Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows. I tried installing from the app store but neither install button works across multiple browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox....
  10. New calculator icon location / path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New calculator icon location / path: I couldn't find the location of the new Windows 10 calculator path, could you help me, please? submitted by /u/DreamerEight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imk159/new_calculator_icon_location_path/