Windows 10: New icons on lockscreen

Discus and support New icons on lockscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Have been trying on Windows 10, and I noticed that there is a new icon on the lockscreen (unlike the ones on Windows 8.1). Besides the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gallicbear, Mar 25, 2015.

1. New icons on lockscreen

Hi. Have been trying on Windows 10, and I noticed that there is a new icon on the lockscreen (unlike the ones on Windows 8.1). Besides the network icon, there is also another one that looks like a screen, but it has a red x in it. Does that refer to tablet mode, like touchscreen?

:)

gallicbear, Mar 25, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change boot-up bac ground display.

Hi dicksjusvi,

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Lockscreen

To change the lockscreen Image, set it to Picture and click 'Browse' to select your chosen image

DaveM121, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Piertown Win User
    Voicemail Indicator

I get an icon on the live phone tile and also on my lockscreen

Piertown, Mar 25, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

New icons on lockscreen

That would be a battery level indicator but it's seems to be a bug in the build right now. It will be there whether you have a portable device or not.

New icons on lockscreen [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 25, 2015
  5. Thanks, Edwin. That makes sense; it's like you show it on the screenshot. Guess, it puzzled me because it's not part of the apps mentioned on the advanced settings.

gallicbear, Mar 25, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    You're welcome.
    The Lock Screen shouldn't look like that in Build 10041 though, it should look like this:
    (in case you're wondering what the 'Chess piece' is beside the clock, it means you're signed in. It will also be removed for the final release)

New icons on lockscreen [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 25, 2015
  7. Appreciate the additional info, Edwin

gallicbear, Mar 25, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

New icons on lockscreen

Granted, not the most important feature but, it can be disabled in various ways on certain versions.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New icons on lockscreen

1. New icons on lockscreen - Similar Threads - icons lockscreen

2. Small bug: Windows battery level on icon in lockscreen does not match the actual battery level.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small bug: Windows battery level on icon in lockscreen does not match the actual battery level.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Historical_General [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11xhgl0/small_bug_windows_battery_level_on_icon_in/
  3. Weird icon on lockscreen, what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird icon on lockscreen, what is it?: hi, One of my windows10 pcs started showing this weird sign near the clock in lock screen.... what is it? how do i remove it? thanks, Gabrio 183379
  4. Issues logging in and wifi icon not showing on lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues logging in and wifi icon not showing on lockscreen: When I got home and booted up my computer I logged in and noticed my wireless wifi adapter didnt work, I took many measures to try and fix this which resulted in a fail and after a reccommended clean boot my password no longer worked and when I press the ”Forgot my password”...
  5. My lockscreen charging icon seems off...any ideas on how to fix?

My lockscreen charging icon seems off...any ideas on how to fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kennysrage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib5m82/my_lockscreen_charging_icon_seems_offany_ideas_on/
  6. Open envelope icon on W10 lockscreen confusion

Open envelope icon on W10 lockscreen confusion: This open envelope icon in the lower left of the Lock Screen is only visible when the computer is locked. There is usually a number associated with it, which I'd originally suspected was related to unread or new Outlook emails, but when opening Outlook (which I hardly use)...
  7. New update comes with new setting icon and double hello text and smile animation on lockscreen

New update comes with new setting icon and double hello text and smile animation on lockscreen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/amritcrome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht86z0/new_update_comes_with_new_setting_icon_and_double/
  8. Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen?

Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen?: Running 10 Home, v1903 18362.10015. Just noticed, if you bring up the "Project Screen" menu whilst on the "enter pin" section of the lockscreen, you can see a new set of icons in use. If you bring up the menu when the computer is unlocked, you still see the old icons....
  9. How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?: How do I get the magnetifying glass symbol that provides a like to tell me information about the lock screen picture? ***Modified title from: lock scree***...
  10. Lockscreen user list - grey key icons duplicating user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lockscreen user list - grey key icons duplicating user accounts: Hello, On my new W10 machine (which is part of a domain) there are multiple sign-in buttons for the same account. First a profile picture with user name, followed by key icons with the word password behind it. Both options lead to the same account. Simular to this...