Windows 10: New Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's

Discus and support New Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new Idea pad 330 was burning DVD's just fine but now its not. It has updated a few times so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it or not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stevenpoff1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. New Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's

My new Idea pad 330 was burning DVD's just fine but now its not. It has updated a few times so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it or not. Does anyone know what the problem might be.

:)

stevenpoff1, Feb 4, 2020

2. DVD+RW burn problem

As an additive to my previous post, I want to add this additional information to maybe help explain my problem further.

I experimented burning songs to a CD-RW using Windows media player and the burn was successful.
    The songs will play in Windows Media Player and also on my DVD player.
    When I insert the DVD Drive, it recognizes the CD-RW disk but says it is empty.
    I then tried using a Verbatim DVD+RW disk. The songs were written to it but when I attempt to burn, near the end of the burn, I encounter the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DavidZannino, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Burn pics and videos to DVD

Hi Ewan,

You can also burn pictures and videos to DVD by using the File Explorer. To get started, follow these steps:

• Insert the disc and open the File Explorer.
    • Select the files that you want to burn.
    • Right-click and send to DVD RW Drive (DNew Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's :).
    • Create a disc title.
    • Once you are done, click Finish burning.
    If you'd prefer to use a third-party software, we suggest that you check
    Windows Store
    for available apps that you can install.

Let us know if you have other questions in mind.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 4, 2020
  4. mike s Win User

New Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's

DVD-RW Drive

The type of optical disc should not matter. Bits is bits.

What software did you use to burn these to disc?

The situation you describe, sounds like "something" caused your original images to be downsampled/downsized in the process of viewing or sending them to the DVD.

Suggest you do a binary file compare between the original images and the ones on the DVD.

mike s, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

New Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's

1. New Idea pad 330 RW drive stopped burning DVD's - Similar Threads - Idea pad 330

2. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  3. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  5. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  6. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lost ability to burn or format disk in DVD RW Drive.

Lost ability to burn or format disk in DVD RW Drive.: All of a sudden when I right click DVD RW Drive it no longer show ability ti format or burn a disk, know it was available last month but it's gone now. Could this be due to an update??? Have tried various way to format but constantly get message "Windows can't read the disk...
  8. Burning a Slideshow to DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning a Slideshow to DVD-RW: Can I burn a picture slideshow to a DVD-RW to play on my DV player with Windows 10 Medea software?I've created a slide a slideshow in the Photo app which works fine on my PC. But burning it to a DVD-RWhas alluded me.James...
  9. DVD-RW drive stopped working

DVD-RW drive stopped working: I think windows updates, Caused my base system device & PCI serial port drivers to disappear. Well I have fixed that. I think but now my DVD-RW dive is not working right. It shows up in file explorer and the files on the disc will show up but it will not actually play the...
  10. New Ideapad 330 stopped burning dvd's all of the sudden

New Ideapad 330 stopped burning dvd's all of the sudden: My new Idea pad 330 was burning DVD's just fine but all of the sudden stopped. running windows 10 and it has updated a few times already. does anyone have any idea what may be going on here...