Windows 10: New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

Discus and support New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the next update to Windows, codenamed 19H1, the DirectX12 debug layer adds support for GPU-based validation (GBV) of shader model 6.x (DXIL) as well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

[/quote]
    Source: New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation (GBV) is now available for Shader Model 6.x | DirectX Developer Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 3, 2019
  2. 2NE1Mo Win User

Need help Identifying my DirectX Shader model

I was trying to play a game on my laptop and got an error message saying 'gpu compatible with directx 11.0 shader model 5.0 not found' and I used GPU Z to find out what my Directx version and shader model was, so I have DirectX support - 10.1 and shaders
    - 12 unified, but I have no idea what '12 unified shaders' mean.

Can someone please translate this into a somewhat understandable term like shader model 2.0-5.0

I just really want to play this game!

Thanks in advance!

2NE1Mo, Apr 3, 2019
  3. shader model 3.0. problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What game are you trying play?

• How did you download that game?
    Please refer the below link for more information.

Shader Model 3.0 or higher required when trying to play a game

Please Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 3, 2019
  4. New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

Shader model 5 isnt working

I cant open pirates of the storm without getting the same error of, Your graphics arent supported with shader model 5.

I did some digging and found my computer has DirectX 12. that supports shader model 5.

whhhat in the heck do i do here

michaelmydude, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

1. New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x - Similar Threads - D3D12 GPU Based

2. D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed: So today I was getting on my computer after awhile nothing unusual I played some fivem and the decided to play fortnite once I tried to launch fortnite it said this D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed. I ran the troubleshot and followed all...
  3. D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed: I was playing Fortnite, and out of nowhere it froze. I ended up having to restart my computer and now it shows: “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.” Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help....
  4. D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed: i am not able to start valorant it always show d3d11 compatible gpu required . i tried everything, i don't know what to do plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d3d11-compatible-gpu-feature-level-110-shader/8ec2caf7-015f-429a-bcf1-72a20ed432dd
  5. D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed: i am not able to start valorant it always show d3d11 compatible gpu required . i tried everything, i don't know what to do plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d3d11-compatible-gpu-feature-level-110-shader/8ec2caf7-015f-429a-bcf1-72a20ed432dd
  6. D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed: I was playing Fortnite, and out of nowhere it froze. I ended up having to restart my computer and now it shows: “D3D11 -compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is needed.” Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help....
  7. D3D12 Debug Layer Message Callback feature is now available

in Windows 10 News
    D3D12 Debug Layer Message Callback feature is now available: Finally, D3D12 messages that you can easily integrate with your own application logs! The D3D12 InfoQueue Message Callback feature allows developers to capture debug messages, with stack context, providing yet another essential debugging tool for error analysis. To date,...
  8. D3D12 Debug Object Auto-Naming option now available

in Windows 10 News
    D3D12 Debug Object Auto-Naming option now available: Great. The D3D12 Debug Layer has just helpfully reported, “An ID3D12Resource object (‘Unnamed ID3D12Resource’) referenced in a command list (‘Unnamed ID3D12GraphicsCommandList’) was deleted prior to executing the...
  9. Shader model 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shader model 5: I am trying to play Sea of Thieves but it requires Shader model 5. in terms of setup in have a dell running intel i5 and windows 10. all the drivers are up to date. do I need a new graphics card or should this work?...
  10. New D3D12 background shader optimizations for Windows 10 19H1

in Windows 10 News
    New D3D12 background shader optimizations for Windows 10 19H1: In the next update to Windows, codenamed 19H1, D3D12 will allow drivers to use idle priority background CPU threads to dynamically recompile shader programs. This can improve GPU performance by specializing shader code to better match details of the hardware it is running on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shader caches