Windows 10: New Information on top bar of Settings screen

Discus and support New Information on top bar of Settings screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I do not understand the need to add the information at the top of my settings screen. MS has added USELESS information on a screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JRWTMW, Jun 11, 2020.

1. JRWTMW Win User

New Information on top bar of Settings screen

New Information on top bar of Settings screen 3fae5277-4b05-493b-bc80-a5ce55145242?upload=true.jpg

I do not understand the need to add the information at the top of my settings screen.

MS has added USELESS information on a screen and apparently no way to get rid of it. I do NOT want to be reminded when I go to settings that I am not using my MS account. I am not ON PURPOSE. I do not want to use One Drive and I have no interest in Rewards.

Is there a registry hack I can use to REMOVE everything up on that bar so when I go into settings I get the old plane EMPTY top row? Perhaps the information is useful if you use the items. However I chose NOT to use any of them and do not feel I need to be reminded every time I go to settings. There has to be a way to get rid of this.

:)

JRWTMW, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Most likely Tablet Mode, as dmholt57 suggests.

Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Another posibility is accidentally pressing F11 which switches a browser to full screen mode.

3. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jun 11, 2020
  4. New Information on top bar of Settings screen

Edge start screen

Hi Hobo,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Select Top sites and suggested content from the Open new tabs with drop down menu.

• Restart the EDGE browser and check if you are able to open new tabs with the suggested sites.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

New Information on top bar of Settings screen

1. New Information on top bar of Settings screen - Similar Threads - Information top bar

2. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  3. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  4. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New information appeared at the top of "Settings", how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New information appeared at the top of "Settings", how to remove it?: I know it isn't really a big deal, but it wasn't there before and I would like it that way again: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-information-appeared-at-the-top-of-settings/26ecbf71-2cff-49c8-aa55-cefacc3bcb5e
  6. Black bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at top of screen: In the first image I have rotated the screen by 180 degrees where as in the second image it's the default way I guess so that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software issue please someone help me it's about 3 millimetre at the top it's complete black and when I...
  7. Black bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar at the top of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg0ef6/black_bar_at_the_top_of_screen/
  8. Search Bar on top of screen

Search Bar on top of screen: How do I remove this search bar that's stuck on top of my screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-on-top-of-screen/47164708-0aa4-4f53-9724-8ada53c37177
  9. Screen/Internet Bar at top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen/Internet Bar at top: The bar at top of screen is showing internet-based tabs/Google/. I have tried everything I know but cannot get it off. It is interfering with all of my screens & work, including minimizing the area for emails. I've never had this problem & do not see anything in settings...
  10. dark bar at top of screen

dark bar at top of screen: there is a dark bar at the top of my monitor when all windows are maxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dark-bar-at-top-of-screen/c2d3b128-db95-4a9d-a955-861a3ae8e5dd