Windows 10: New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

Discus and support New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since receiving Microsoft's latest Anniversary Update I have not been able to use the New InPrivate Window as the feature remains grayed out. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by biglee, Aug 28, 2016.

1. biglee Win User

New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

Since receiving Microsoft's latest Anniversary Update I have not been able to use the New InPrivate Window as the feature remains grayed out. Does anybody have any help or suggestions as to how I can enable this feature as my searches and questions to other sites have left me frustrated?

Thank you,

:)

biglee, Aug 28, 2016
  2. garyc808 Win User

Edge Browser - New InPrivate Window not working

Hi Vardhaman

No errors when I open Edge. It actually works fine and browses much quicker on problematic web pages than the previous IE 11.

Ran sfc /scannnow and found corrupt files but it was unable to fix some of them.

New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge [​IMG]

I have a copy of the log file on hand if you need me to provide specific details.

I’ve tried using other accounts on this machine and also created a new user account and it had the same results.

garyc808, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Edge Browser - New InPrivate Window not working

Add me to the list. Same problem. No error message, nothing happens. It only occurs on my laptop that I upgraded (free) from Win 7 to Win 10. I purchased Win 10 on my PC with no problems accessing Private Window. Only occurs on my laptop.

WendellWallace, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

1. New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge - Similar Threads - InPrivate Window enable

2. How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has relaunched its Microsoft Edge browser powered by the Chromium engine. It launched as a public preview – but the final build will be available soon. One of the most loved and latest features added to the new Edge [...] This post How to enable...
  3. Is this a security issue. Edge 'InPrivate' is remembering bank login.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a security issue. Edge 'InPrivate' is remembering bank login.: If I right click Edge and select 'New InPrivate Window' I get to see the normal expected private browsing screen. I now do a general search for my bank by typing the bank name into the search box and pressing enter. That brings up Bings suggestions... as expected. I click my...
  4. enable Desktop emulation in Edge Mobile?

in Browsers and Email
    enable Desktop emulation in Edge Mobile?: It seems that MS have enabled desktop emulation in Win10 Mobiles - but neglected to tell anyone how the heck to flip the switch either way. Would some kind person please enlighten me? Phone is a Lumia 640 62260
  5. A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode: What I I need is a reliable method of opening a website using EDGE 'InPrivate' Mode. It would have been nice to have a simple single command-line method but apparently this cannot be done. On a system with a brand new install of Windows 10 that has been in use for only a...
  6. Edge records history InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    Edge records history InPrivate mode: Is there a way to disable this? Recording history in an "InPrivate" window seems like a contradiction in terms, no? 42565
  7. FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

in Browsers and Email
    FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.: After the latest update which supposedly fix the InPrivate cache problem, it actually got worse. If you browse anything in InPrivate, the browsing history actually shows up in the regular session. You can try: Open Edge Open an InPrivate window side by side Do some...
  8. InPrivate browsing

in Browsers and Email
    InPrivate browsing: I never used this function so what is the purpose behind it. If it is so good why not make all browsers private. Thanks 105736
  9. InPrivate Browsing not opening

in Browsers and Email
    InPrivate Browsing not opening: I open up Edge and when I go to click on InPrivate Browsing it does nothing. I asked my friend and he said it opened right up. I can't find anything on it. Using the Ctrl+Shift+P isn't doing anything either. In addition, Chrome is missing incognito mode. Hotkey not working...
  10. Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge: Build 10162 When opening an inprivate edge window 1st time after loading edge - all ok close that inprivate window and inprivate doesn't work again - just an edge winfdow. close edge and ok again. 6207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inprivate window in edge unable

2. inprivate window not working on edge

3. edge new in private windows greyed out

4. new inprivate window,
  5. new inprivate window not working