Windows 10: New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output

Discus and support New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I get digital optical sound output from my New Inspiron 3671. My 10 year old Dell Studio XPS 8100 had a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SiVictor, Jan 23, 2020.

1. SiVictor Win User

New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output

Can I get digital optical sound output from my New Inspiron 3671. My 10 year old Dell Studio XPS 8100 had a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card, and I like the optical digital output, which I send to my HiFi's DAC. I note that digital audio output seems to have been dropped off new models. Can I get good ie. not messed around by the Waves Maxx digital sound via USB output to for example a Behringer UCA222 which will convert to my desired optical output?

:)

SiVictor, Jan 23, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

Since i updated to Windows 10 1903 from 1809 my Creative Sound Blaster Z X R audio card has issues with sound output through Optical S/PDIF Out jack.

I set this through the Sound Blaster Pro Studio control panel under Cinematic Encoder to Dolby Digital Live to get sound output to my Logitech Z906 Speakers connected to it's optical input.

New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output [​IMG]

When i do this i receive this message and it will not allow me to set the encoder setting to either Dolby Digital Live or DTS connect. As far as i can see nothing else is using my audio device.

Never had this issue before this update always worked fine i read about issues with other Sound Blaster Z cards and Dolby Atmos with this update 1903.

Tried reinstalling software and drivers does nothing for it i am using the latest driver software for this card, works fine using 3.5mm jacks and RCA jacks for speakers but not optical anymore. As i am not even able to select this this Encoder in the control panel of Sound Blaster just the message shown and goes back to no Encoder.

jds63, Jan 23, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

I understand all you explained to me.

My mistake,there is sound coming through all 5.1 speakers through optical hookup when selecting S/PDIF as default but the sound is all the same in each speaker.

Logitech Z906 has 5 inputs, when a stereo source is detected it will make use of the 3 different stereo effects 3D, 4.1 and 2.1 as you call fake surround i forgot to mention this because i have not made use of 2.0 connection in years with these speakers. This is how i am getting sound on all speakers with these speakers. Regardless of the source through optical always that way.

True until Creative makes new drivers software to correct the problems with there DTS and Dolby Digital encoder packs it will not work through optical.

Some Sound Blaster cards are having no sound at all since Windows 1903 update. Maybe Microsoft will solve it first.

jds63, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output - Similar Threads - Inspiron 3671 digital

2. Realtek Digital Output Optical device missing after Windows 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Digital Output Optical device missing after Windows 1909 update: So I updated my Windows 10 to 1909 and the optical output device was simply removed from devices. The only digital output now visible is the non-optical output 3.5 mm rear jack.I have ASUS Crosshair VII with motherboard's integrated audio.Everything has been working perfectly...
  3. Changing to a larger NVMe M.2 system drive on a Dell Inspiron 3671

Changing to a larger NVMe M.2 system drive on a Dell Inspiron 3671: Hello all! The 256GB system drive on this PC is getting a tad cramped, so I bought a 500GB Samsung 870 PRO NVMe M.2 drive to replace the 256GB one. As of yet, I have had no success using Samsung's Data Migration or Macrium Reflect Free in cloning the old drive to the new one,...
  4. Optical Digital Audio Disruption

Optical Digital Audio Disruption: Relevant Info:Windows 10 64 bitMotherboard: MSI MPG Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi Z590Audio Driver: RealTek 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282Optical Audio Device: Creative SoundBlaster X7Problem:The optical audio coming from my computer will cut to complete static at random...
  5. no sound output

no sound output: Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/aa0543cf-7e4e-420b-beea-c4c424a08bd3
  6. Sound output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound output: My sound stopped and system cannot find the Realtek audio output so I can enable it. Microphone input is visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-output/a2d0aa78-30f1-49bc-a175-884d7d409a2f
  7. Delayed optical audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delayed optical audio output: The original thread was locked, but I'm having the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4ijiaf/slight_delay_before_audio_through_speakers_using/ Basically, if no sound has been output via the SPDIF of my Asus XONAR SE for 5-10 seconds, if I play...
  8. Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output: Since i updated to Windows 10 1903 from 1809 my Creative Sound Blaster Z X R audio card has issues with sound output through Optical S/PDIF Out jack. I set this through the Sound Blaster Pro Studio control panel under Cinematic Encoder to Dolby Digital Live to get sound...
  9. No Sound Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Output: Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play...
  10. New computer with windows 10 and can't get 5.1 sound from the optical/spdf output of the...

New computer with windows 10 and can't get 5.1 sound from the optical/spdf output of the...: I just tried upgrading to realtek driver ver 6.0.1.8454 from the Gigabyte website, but I still only have the option for 2 channel/stereo output. How do I get 5.1 output on th eoptical output? My older computer with win 7 and realtek audio can do this....