Windows 10: New install, cannot download anything

Discus and support New install, cannot download anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve just completed a new PC build and installed Windows 10. I’m trying to download the driver for my graphics card and I’ve found that absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ebhrnico, Aug 3, 2020.

1. New install, cannot download anything

I’ve just completed a new PC build and installed Windows 10. I’m trying to download the driver for my graphics card and I’ve found that absolutely nothing will download. Tried to download Google Chrome. No go. I click the download links but nothing happens. I’ve turned off pop up blocker, I’ve checked to make sure the sites are allowed in the firewall settings. I’m not sure what else to do. This is my first PC after several years of having a MacBook so I’m quite lost. Would greatly appreciate any help!

submitted by /u/ebhrnico
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ebhrnico, Aug 3, 2020
  2. mb300e Win User

Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

Hello again, well I followed your suggestion and did the Repair install. Guess what, I still cannot download anything from the store or check for updates.

I also followed up by doing all the things I did in my first post in this thread, religiously following the applicable instructions in the Tenforums tutorials. Grrrrrr...this is getting to be a real bear. *Confused

Peter B.

mb300e, Aug 3, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 3, 2020
  4. New install, cannot download anything

Cannot install any apps from windows store

I can't think of anything else.

lx07 already suggested a Repair install, that's all I can think of

Read through the tutorial and ask any questions
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

I suggest
    Step 4 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with an ISO file
    -- OR --
    Step 5 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with USB installation media

Another member might suggest something else - you can read while you wait *Wink

Bill

Slartybart, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

New install, cannot download anything

1. New install, cannot download anything - Similar Threads - install cannot download

2. I cannot download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything.: I have been trying to download Nord VPN but now I can't download anything else. I keep getting the microsoft store pop up and it won't let me go around it. I click install anyway and it won't idk what to do but i need this software. On top of that i know I have plenty of...
  3. I cannot download anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download anything.: I have been trying to download Nord VPN but now I can't download anything else. I keep getting the microsoft store pop up and it won't let me go around it. I click install anyway and it won't idk what to do but i need this software. On top of that i know I have plenty of...
  4. microsoft store cannot download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store cannot download anything: error 0x80080005 is what it saysthe troubleshooter does not work and i cannot update to another version of windows because my settings application does not load the windows update section.wsreset did not work either , and signing in and out and creating new accounts did not...
  5. microsoft store cannot download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store cannot download anything: error 0x80080005 is what it saysthe troubleshooter does not work and i cannot update to another version of windows because my settings application does not load the windows update section.wsreset did not work either , and signing in and out and creating new accounts did not...
  6. Ethernet cannot almost download anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet cannot almost download anything: Hello, when I use USB ethernet to connect the internet to my PC via phone the speed becomes great and I can download everything, but when I put the SIM of my phone on my router and then connected ethernet tothe PC I literally can't download anything!I've:-Flushed DNS-rested...
  7. Cannot download anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download anything: I have windows 10 and cannot download any files nor attachments even. Everytime I try and DL a file it immeditaly says “virus detected file deleted” despite DL a file from a trusted website. I’ve tried disabling the real-time protection but that did nothing....
  8. Cannot download anything to from Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download anything to from Store.: I cannot download anything from Microsoft Store. Everything gets stuck in starting download or pending. I have tried everything from the post below twice. I do not want to hard reset my computer. Its barely been used and has a terabyte of fee space. Is there any way to make...
  9. I cannot download anything .MSI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot download anything .MSI: Recently i tried installing a .msi application and im getting these error codes with all .msi applications. is there anyway to fix this Thanks James Sheehan...
  10. Cannot download ANYTHING!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download ANYTHING!: I have shut off virus protector, ran ipconfig in dos, tried all suggestions from forum. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-anything/64699510-6481-40b7-9d01-2911300d12a2"