Windows 10: New install from disk

Discus and support New install from disk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently bought windows 10 and have the installation burned to a disk. Hoping to do a fresh install on a new SSD. The problem is when I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NathsAPirate, Jun 5, 2020.

1. New install from disk

I've recently bought windows 10 and have the installation burned to a disk. Hoping to do a fresh install on a new SSD. The problem is when I go into the BIOS boot menu, the disc drive isn't available as an option.

Boot device priority Hard disk drives

Boot settings configuration Security

Are my only options. Any help on how to proceed would be appreciated

submitted by /u/NathsAPirate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NathsAPirate, Jun 5, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 5, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Jun 5, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

New install from disk

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

New install from disk

1. New install from disk - Similar Threads - install disk

2. Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media: There are basically two ways to reinstall or recover for Windows 11. Firstly we can use Windows Recovery Media or we can use the Windows 11 Installation Media. What is not clear is that what is the difference between both of these? Are they complimentary or substitute for one...
  3. Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media: There are basically two ways to reinstall or recover for Windows 11. Firstly we can use Windows Recovery Media or we can use the Windows 11 Installation Media. What is not clear is that what is the difference between both of these? Are they complimentary or substitute for one...
  4. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long: Hello! First a little bit of context :I was playing cs2 and my Pc freezed. I tried to recover it but had to make a force restart.Due to this I got the infamous recovery screen the repair bucle and couldn't make my pc enter windows .So I decided to reinstall windows from...
  5. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long: Hello! First a little bit of context :I was playing cs2 and my Pc freezed. I tried to recover it but had to make a force restart.Due to this I got the infamous recovery screen the repair bucle and couldn't make my pc enter windows .So I decided to reinstall windows from...
  6. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation ": When creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-recovery-disk-failed-at-selected-disk/11b4d24e-77fb-4759-921f-ca1d2a24a010
  8. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation ": When creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-recovery-disk-failed-at-selected-disk/11b4d24e-77fb-4759-921f-ca1d2a24a010
  9. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't install game from Microsoft store to my D: disk. Only C:

Can't install game from Microsoft store to my D: disk. Only C:: I'm trying to install Fallout 76 from the microsoft store but when i try to click change disk, only the C: disk shows up. If i try to change the folder to a folder in the D: disk it says "Choose a folder in the C: disk". Why? I would tear my hair out over this, if I had...