Windows 10: New Install Lost Files

Discus and support New Install Lost Files in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Days after trying to repair did a new install, said it would blow away all my files. Fine (I have them on a backup drive). Windows 10. So install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by danadak, Jul 10, 2020.

1. danadak Win User

New Install Lost Files

Days after trying to repair did a new install, said it would blow away all
    my files. Fine (I have them on a backup drive).

Windows 10.

So install finished, look at 2TB drive, its reporting only 196GB left =
    did not blow away files.

So I go looking for them.

Arrghhhhh

Cannot find, either by searching "DOCUMENTS" or specific docs I know are
    in the old DOCUMENTS folder. Look in the Windows.old, no luck there either.
    Recycle bin, nope. When I do the "DOCUMENTS" search, as typed, 4 folders
    found, all empty.

Look at dskmgmt to make sure nothing funky about partition, all looks OK.

Do not want to run Disk Check because thats what blew up my prior installation.
    Running a Disk Check blew up boot process.

There is something in my machine trying to kill me with stress. Its getting close
    to working.....

Any ideas welcomed New Install Lost Files :).

Regards, Dana.

:)

danadak, Jul 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 10, 2020
  3. GSG-9 Win User
    Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

New Install Lost Files

windows 10 force upgrade! stuck at welcome screen and lost all files after upgrade.

Hi,

Are you able to log into computer?

This issue might have occurred because of upgrade file corruption. Follow the steps below and check.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

You may also refer the link below to find the lost files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Do let us know if you are able to log into computer and get all the files and folders.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

New Install Lost Files

1. New Install Lost Files - Similar Threads - Install Lost Files

2. lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost files: Hello, I am hoping someone could help.I got a new sd card for my phone and I tried to transfer files between my phones. Smart Switch kept 'saying' that I do not have enough space on my computer. I got a flash drive, plugged it in and transferred some videos from my laptop....
  3. Lost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files: Just opened my computer and all of my files have disappeared. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/3dd60a25-4cce-44e5-b149-f9f33e2de76c
  4. Lost files

Lost files: I have been advised that I installed and ran the one drive client on my home computer which now looks like a copy of my work computer. In the process my own documents have all vanished. They have never been saved to the cloud and I wonder if there is any way to get them back?...
  5. lost files

lost files: after updating wndows 10 I lost some of my excel files, how can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/18fe262f-de5b-4bb9-a71c-01006024c50d
  6. Lost files,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files,: Hi everyone, I too have lost all my files with WIN 10, I deleted an account, not mine a different account and it deleted every file on the pc, I did a system restore and some of the files returned but not the most important ones, I have been waiting on the phone now for TWO...
  7. lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost files: I had to a factory reset as windows ten recovery would not work Did a HP factory restore but although said would keep files it didn't. No back up as in lock down not in office I have also had bit locker on the lap top can not find files Is a total loss???? I have...
  8. Lost files on old windows installation

Lost files on old windows installation: Hello! I recently helped a friend of mine to install windows on his new SSD. I unplugged the old HDD with windows on and installed it on the empty SSD. I then reconnected the old HDD and was able to log onto both disks. But when i tried to locate all photos that he had...
  9. I lost Pro with new SSD install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost Pro with new SSD install: I upgraded a Home version tp Pro. Did clean install and lost Pro. How do I get Pro back ? Thank You Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-pro-with-new-ssd-install/13503d38-dbef-48b7-a3b9-7e669a128007"
  10. Lost File

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost File: Hi, This is a request , I used to have a Zip file that contained shortcuts for windows 7/8 &10. The files were downloaded from the internet and when extracted in the form of a list or icons (as preference). I recently purchased a new pc and somehow failed to save said Zip...