Windows 10: New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc

Discus and support New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a new install from a custom built PC. CTRL C CTRL P CTRL A etc dont work. Though I can copy and paste with the mouse. If I highlight text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConnieWhite, Dec 2, 2020.

1. New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc

This is a new install from a custom built PC.

CTRL C CTRL P CTRL A etc dont work. Though I can copy and paste with the mouse.

If I highlight text and right click I dont see any Shortcut suggestions.

The CTRL button does not even register when trying to remap with SharpKeys tried with 2 Keyboards

I also tried different variations of settings in command Prompt Properties with no luck

Any help would be appreciated, my workflow revolves around copy and paste

Windows 10

i9

36 ram

8G video

:)

ConnieWhite, Dec 2, 2020

2. E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

OK, here's what I get for those key combos:

• fn, then chr = Select Symbol
    • fn + chr = Select Symbol
    • mark text, then fn + chr + X = Select Symbol
    :smileysad: Why would AT&T want to remove a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste?!?!?

diesel_travis, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2020
  4. New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc

E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for copy/pasting text?

It's always such a pain when filling out webforms. Plus some apps (like Opera Mini) don't have a menu option for paste.

diesel_travis, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc

1. New Install - No KeyBoard Shortcuts Copy and Paste etc - Similar Threads - Install KeyBoard Shortcuts

2. Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC: I just got a new CPU intel core i7-12700K, motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro - DDR5, and RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM. I did transfer my old GPU, PSU, and SSD. But I seem to have lower copy/paste speeds when copying/pasting files. I can't figure out why though.Does anyone...
  3. Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC: I just got a new CPU intel core i7-12700K, motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro - DDR5, and RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM. I did transfer my old GPU, PSU, and SSD. But I seem to have lower copy/paste speeds when copying/pasting files. I can't figure out why though.Does anyone...
  4. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  5. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  6. Keyboard shortcuts to paste without installing app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcuts to paste without installing app: I'm looking for ways to paste commonly used phrases. It's for my work computer, so I can't install an app. At the moment I have some phrases pinned in the clipboard, but I would prefer to not have to scroll through the options there. I had found instructions online for...
  7. copy paste shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy paste shortcuts not working: Hey, Recently my copy paste shortcuts stopped working, but only on my desktop and in the file explorer. In all other apps they are still working and when I rightclick on a file, then I can copy it manually and it is working. But the shprtcuts doesnt even show up right next...
  8. Issues with remembering settings, keyboard shortcuts, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with remembering settings, keyboard shortcuts, etc.: Hello : I'm running Windows 10 with Office365. It was all OK for years until recently I started to have weird issues, related probably? to some OS update. First I've noticed that I can't run dropbox normally - I need to run it as an administrator, otherwise it just...
  9. Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts: Hi, Everyday, I need to generate dozens of Windows shortcuts as it's an essential feature to me. My problem is that no keyboard shortcut currently exists, so the quickest way to paste Windows shortcuts remains the right-click context menu. It's kind of a waste of time if...
  10. Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts: Hi, Everyday, I need to generate dozens of Windows shortcuts as it's an essential feature to me. My problem is that no keyboard shortcut currently exists, so the quickest way to paste Windows shortcuts remains the right-click context menu. It's kind of a waste of time if...